Thread: Of interest to everyone in the uk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm not so sure if those prove anything either way. Gun crime was rising steadily before the ban, it's kept rising but possibly at a slower rate than it would of if handguns weren't banned? Who knows? Clearly it didn't make the impact they made out it was going to make but no one can be sure of what really would of taken place
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

Well, I had a goodly selection of handguns before the ban, and none of them were ever involved in crime while they were in MY possession. On the other paw, there is plenty of evidence that handguns that had been surrendered to the officers of law and order have turned up occasionally in hands of criminals, although I can't for the life of me understand just how that could have happened

The majority of armed crime is still carried out with shotguns, rather than the handguns that we no longer own. It's true that there remains a quantifiable amount of use of replicas of one kind or another, but I've yet to see ANY crime committed by a crook wielding a Colt Model of 1873, or Broomhandle Mauser.

tac

Unhappy balanced view

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    I'm not so sure if those prove anything either way. Gun crime was rising steadily before the ban, it's kept rising but possibly at a slower rate than it would of if handguns weren't banned? Who knows? Clearly it didn't make the impact they made out it was going to make but no one can be sure of what really would of taken place
    I applaud you on your balanced view. However it is true that most chrime is by illegal shooters, and that any loss of freedoms for the upright and honest citizen should be mourned. We will never get our guns back and we have done nothing to deserve such treatment by the so called keepers of democracy, justice and rule of law. atb., Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 1952paul0 View Post
    I applaud you on your balanced view. However it is true that most chrime is by illegal shooters, and that any loss of freedoms for the upright and honest citizen should be mourned. We will never get our guns back and we have done nothing to deserve such treatment by the so called keepers of democracy, justice and rule of law. atb., Paul
    Amen - its all about the headlines and the kneejerks reactions.