Thread: Webley Junior question

Webley Junior question

Looking at picking one of these up but when I have been on gunstar I see a few have the 'two tone plumb finish' to the frame and other appear standard blue finish. I was wondering if the standard blued guns are plumb underneath or is this a specific manufacturing thing where guns from a certain period had this two-tone effect.
    I have to admit the plumb finish guns look beautiful but are they worth the extra asking price they seem to command?
    Thanks in advance, Jon.
    Last edited by Odjick29; 25-07-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Typo!
    Hungarian donkey sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by Odjick29 View Post
    Looking at picking one of these up but when I have been on gunstar I see a few have the 'two tone plumb finish' to the frame and other appear standard blue finish. I was wondering if the standard blued guns are plumb underneath or is this a specific manufacturing thing where guns from a certain period had this two-tone effect.
    I have to admit the plumb finish guns look beautiful but are they worth the extra asking price they seem to cammand?
    Thanks in advance, Jon.
    Hi,
    The two-tone 'plum' framed Juniors are a result of the effects over time of blueing salts on the steel frame casting.This was not intended,but is over time the resulting 'finish'.They do look attractive as a result and I have two one I paid £50 for in average condition and the other £70 in VGC. I would be vary wary of G*****r prices as they are very often speculative and particularly JCM.

ATB.

Thanks for the quick reply. Wow, £70 for a vgc is considerably less than I have seen on any other advertisment, well done that man! I will keep my eyes peeled for a nice example, thanks for the guide prices, you have stopped me spending too much!
    Hungarian donkey sanctuary