Thread: Tanfoglio Witness Custom

Tanfoglio Witness Custom

Does anyone know where I can get a Tanfoglio Witness Custom (adjustable sights) .177 BB, can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks.

Solware have them but they aren't cheap. Great if you want something at release but not so great if you want to pay a reasonable price for it :

Tanfoglio Witness

I waited a couple of weeks for the first witness and picked up one at half the price, thankfully they had just sold out when I visited Solware!
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I am also considering getting a Tanfolgio Custom or a standard witness to join my small but fun collection of air pistols (baikal mak, Hw45, beretta 92fs). I have read a lot of posts about the witness but like many am finding it a hard one to find in stock anywhere. I saw a video of the witness custom which seems pretty good as well and was wondering I anyone has tried out both and what their thoughts are? Personally prefer the look of the standard witness but the custom perhaps performs better??? Opinions welcome, cheers

I asked my RFD to try and get me one last week and I picked it up today!
    It came through SMK so I assume they have stock.

It is an excellent pistol,hard hitting and accurate.
    Full metal blowback with modern looks.

He also had the Gold Custom in a nice silver grey but that is set up for a red dot with no open sights.

I think these pistols are the next big thing in the little world of BB.

Also £120 which is fair for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Don't mean to hijack your thread but I am also considering getting a Tanfolgio Custom or a standard witness to join my small but fun collection of air pistols (baikal mak, Hw45, beretta 92fs). I have read a lot of posts about the witness but like many am finding it a hard one to find in stock anywhere. I saw a video of the witness custom which seems pretty good as well and was wondering I anyone has tried out both and what their thoughts are? Personally prefer the look of the standard witness but the custom perhaps performs better??? Opinions welcome, cheers
    there is some info on this thread that might be useful
    http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...about7696.html

Standard witness is very popular amongst UBC forum.
    From recent posts the new stock may have finally arrived but they are bound to get snatched up.

From my personal choice if you wanted a 4.5mm bb gun i'd go for standard witness.
    Standard and custom are vey different beasts

atb
    Nige
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Standard Witness is great but the Custom is full of modern features.

Extended mag release, skeleton hammer, big double safety.
    Different racking with cone at end of barrel.

So choice is traditional or Custom.
    Custom does use more gas tho!

Also my RFD had what I thought was a Standard Witness by KWC but was actually a 1911 with Colt markings.
    In 6mm but will be 4.5 as well.
    Again a nice pistol.

The accuracy of the Custom seems very near to the Umarex pellet guns on 10 meter cans and empty shotgun cartridges.
    I need to try target work indoors when lovely wife goes out!

Ok great, thanks for the advice/opinions. They both sound like great pistols just quite different styling/features. Really like the classic design of the standard witness (just like a Colt) - think I will have to try and track these pistols down and check them out in the flesh (if I can find em!).

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    This

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...Blowback.shtml

Is neither a Witness nor .177, it's a Tanfoglio Custom, Tanfoglio are a pistol manufacturer and the Witness is but one model of many and not the only thing they do ;-)

I think a short-stroked KJ Works 05 will outlast the Eric and spare mags are easily available, reasonably priced and can be resealed for K Works models,

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Mine is the 4.5mm bb model now available.
    Should have made that clear.
    Looks same as 6mm job.

Brand New Witness Custom .177 bb

Saw gingernuts new Tanfoglio .177 at the range Weds. Absolutely brilliant performer and a well finished product. Makes the old Witness 1911 look like a real dated clunker. I think this will be a top seller. gingernut and I have 5 old Witness 1911's between us, will probably match it with this new model.

Baz

Not sure about that!
    Remember the Witness was cheap when it first came out.

mcavoys are selling tangfolio witness and gold custom for £99-99
    and the beat goes on

Quote Originally Posted by antar View Post
    mcavoys are selling tangfolio witness and gold custom for £99-99
    Good old Mcavoys, they treat us CO2 fans really well.

standard witness

I have the standard witness and it is a fun gun to shot, but if your after an accurate gun I would stay away from bb guns.
    I shot mine on rest to see how tight of a group it shot and it wasn't that impressive.
    The blowback is great though. Gives it that realistic feel if thats what your after?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulgsvr View Post
    I have the standard witness and it is a fun gun to shot, but if your after an accurate gun I would stay away from bb guns.
    I shot mine on rest to see how tight of a group it shot and it wasn't that impressive.
    The blowback is great though. Gives it that realistic feel if thats what your after?
    I think most of us are well aware of the limitations on a smooth bore gun firing a spherical projectile dude! We just have them for fun.

I just picked up a 6mm Gold Custom this morning with a cheap Hawke Red Dot.

The Red dot could be better finished but seem OK for my purposes (but it will probably get replaced), the pistol however I am very pleased with, typical Cybergun finish (I am thinking of plating it) but it feels great, cycles nicely, seems economical on gas and its even managed a sub 1 inch group at 10 metres which surprised me.