Thread: A.G. Parker Crank Wound Air Pistol.

A.G. Parker Crank Wound Air Pistol.

Hi,

Just thought I would share this picture of the latest and probably the last addition to my collection of early English spring air pistols.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abasmaj...57630774332278

This one is the large A.G. Parker Crank Wound Air Pistol dating from around 1922 and probably the most ungainly design you will come across. They are however very rare with less than 250 ever being made during their short production period. I started by collecting just Webley pistols but this soon led to other English designs eg Acvoke, ABAS Major, Lincoln, Warrior, Titan etc and finally four of the rarest designs which I have been lucky enough to get together in just one year these being Ansons Star, Westley Richards Highest Possible (Concentric), Cogswell & Harrison Certus and finally the Parker.

This doesn't mean I am giving up collecting but will now concentrate on ephemera such as Oil Cans , Pellet Tins, Literature etc to give my wallet a bit of a rest !

Regards

Brian

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I hope you don't take offence, but that is pug ugly. I still wish I had one.

Dave

Well done Brian - I know you have been after one of these. Good luck with sourcing the catalogues, oilcans and accessories. I must say I find that aspect as interesting as the guns themselves. Sad as I am, I get just as exited thumbing through an old catalogue as admiring a rifle!

Kind regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Frame View Post
    I hope you don't take offence, but that is pug ugly. I still wish I had one.

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I tend to agree the Parker would be pushed to win any beauty contests as would the Certus but they are part of the story and therefore you have to have them. In my opinion no English air pistol design could compete with the Webley Mk1 when this became available in 1924.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Well done Brian - I know you have been after one of these. Good luck with sourcing the catalogues, oilcans and accessories. I must say I find that aspect as interesting as the guns themselves. Sad as I am, I get just as exited thumbing through an old catalogue as admiring a rifle!

Kind regards,
    John
    Don't say that John as I thought I could see some light at the end of the collecting tunnel !

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Don't say that John as I thought I could see some light at the end of the collecting tunnel !

Regards

Brian
    Brian that light you can see is given off by a rare 19th century brass miner's lamp (itself a collectable) about 100 yards into a 20-mile tunnel...

Lovely Parker by the way.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Brian that light you can see is given off by a rare 19th century brass miner's lamp (itself a collectable) about 100 yards into a 20-mile tunnel...

Lovely Parker by the way.
    Hi Garvin,

I realise that I am kidding myself a bit, as I guess as you infer it's collecting that gets you as much as what you actually collect.

Regards

Brian