Thread: Antone know of Uk supplier for treso/stainless nipples?

Antone know of Uk supplier for treso/stainless nipples?

Hi all,
    I am after a set of nipples 6 x.75 / 6 x 3/4 in stainless/ampco which fit Pietta 1858.
    They're for a '78 Uberti stainless target.
    Rather not go down the Peter Dyson road as a first choice due to cost.
    Used would be fine if they are in good condition.
    Treso sound like a good option but only seem to be available from the US,cost being as always an issue.
    Many thanks in advance for any info.

How about Peter starley.
    http://www.black-powder.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by acmsarh View Post
    How about Peter starley.
    http://www.black-powder.co.uk/
    Many thanks,looks like powder and supplies rather than parts but I'll contact them tomorrow.

'Roaring Forties' sells Treso (ampco) nipples, see here.
    I bought some of him recently for my Pietta.
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Daz
    A GREAT site, and one that is very welcome here in UK - I had a dribble over most ofthe stuff he shows on his BP pages, and no doubt $$$/£££ will be leaving my piggy-bank as a result.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by lostcat View Post
    Many thanks,looks like powder and supplies rather than parts but I'll contact them tomorrow.
    He has nearly everthing in his shop plus he is midway UK

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Daz
    If you don't mind me asking,how much were they inc postage?
    I have ordered from Track of the wolf,US. £26 ish for a set of stainless that are supposed to take #11 cci's
    Just wait a couple weeks to find out if they are a goer out of the box.
    I will post the results.

I think they were £35 for a set of six and worth every penny. Remington 11s and CCI 11s are a good fit and don't need any squeezing. the smaller 0.028" base hole means the area around the nipples stays much cleaner and the caps don't fragment as much.
    If Roaring Forties are out of stock you can get them from The Possibles shop in the US. I bought my last set from here and it was a similar cost to buying from the UK but I would prefer to support a UK supplier.
    Daz

£35 for Treso from a Uk supplier sounds good,Having already blown my budget 3 times over it seemed like a good idea to go with TOTW.
    Less crud round the cutout in the frame would be good to get more shots before the hammer gets snug.
    I strip down after each session,my New improved Uberti navy rem gets sticky and needs the residue removing from the hammer after 4/5 cylinders or it has the odd misfire when it doesn't hit the cap properly.Rubs down the left side of the cutout because the screw for the hammer doesn't go through the frame dead true.Oh well,such are the joys of repros,it's a fault I can live with because it shoots poa @25yrds with .375 lee conicals with 8grns weight of 777,equiv to about 13grn BP charge.takes #11 cci.
    Many thanks for the replies.

If you use any of the subs - Pyrodex P, Triple 7, Cleanshot et al, you might need to open up the flash-hole a bit to ensure more certain ignition. A tip from muzzleloadingforum.com in the USA.

tac

I see Treso works out at .7mm flash hole,The ones fitted are 1mm,I take it they are the originals.
    They have had a good scraping up the cone,looks like cap removing with a screwdriver.
    They may also be a little short for the job now.not tried it yet,bought with 2 missing.
    Also faint possibility of getting a chain fire if they are scored up enough.
    I use 777 about 22grn equivilant with a 3mm wad,allows for a mm or so compression with the lever bottomed out.
    At some point I will probably get a lee conical mould to cut down on the charge.get good results single handed with conicals and a light grip,not so two handed,bit random but there's no way it's down to the conicals that much

I got mine from The Possibles Shop:

http://www.possibleshop.com/s-s-nipples.html

With small parts, its as easy to buy US as it is GB.

Steve.

European Source of Black Powder Stuff

Guenter Stifter has a huge range of stuff. His site is in German but his English is excellent. I can really recommend him.

www.stifters-gunflints.de

Tried out the Track of the wolf SS nipples. All good with 777 everytime,no delay.23grn equivilent with 1.5mm compression.
    Still pinch CCI #11's just to be sure.
    Might try some pyro P with a bit more charge but I have had slight delay on a pietta SS target with pyrodex.