Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10m Match Pistol, non-PCP

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    ...it would be lovely to own something fine and exquisite.
    ...thats the Gamo Compact out then

BTW nowt to do with me, but there was a decent looking FAS in the for sale section that had been up for few days last time I looked...

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    FAS 604 gets my vote
    Getting Old

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The FAS 606 is lovely, the AirMatch 600 is Sex-on-a-Stick and the Pardini Fiocchi P10 is sublime, the problem is finding someone who has one and is willing to sell
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Cheers chaps.

Mr Magicniner, I've just had a look on your website; very impressive young man.
    Will maybe give the target trigger for the Crosmans a go one day and your range of lubes sounds impressive.

As I'm off today (but with the kids), I thought I'd have a go at some informal 8 yard target shooting with the HW40.

Just before I got it out, though, I thought "Er, hang on, the little Tempest that the missus doesn't know about which I got the other week and managed just a few shots with, could do with the sights adjusting". Which I did and treated her to a little light oiling. One day she'll have to come to bits, cleaned, moly'd up etc....Thought I'd have a quick plink...First group about 20mm...Ok. Then it went downhill, big time, with me spraying them all over the place.

In my defence, I'm knackered, the hallway where I'm shooting is dim and I've got crappy eyesight and I was straining like mad. That's my excuse, anyway, and I'm sticking to it!

Out came the HW40. Thought I'd see if I'm up to 10m match standard!!

Wow, first ten shot group could be covered by a 1p piece with lots of room to spare.
    Next group, one or two fliers. All down to me.
    Next...all over the place, ditto the next sorry attempt.
    Next one good again, but one rotten flier spoiled it.

Having a quick break now and resume shortly. I'm never one to blame my tools...I know it's 100% down to me. Could do with just one more tiny, tiny group....

Just one thing though, chaps, I don't think you're going to see me in any competitions any time soon!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    The FAS 606 is lovely...
    They look the mutts nuts and years ago I was looking for one to replace my 604 - but I've never actually seen one in the flesh or for sale either at the time or indeed since.
    Then I seem to recall some threads on an American target shooting site (where most seem to reside) about seal failure being a recurring problem and my interest wained after being seduced by the electro-precharged dark side.
    But they do still look good....

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I've just resealed a FAS 606 for a customer and although it's a little fiddly I'd say it was well worth the price of a reseal/service every few years to have a working example - the O rings will always be available and are not expensive,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I've just resealed a FAS 606 for a customer and although it's a little fiddly I'd say it was well worth the price of a reseal/service every few years to have a working example - the O rings will always be available and are not expensive,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Out of interest did you put it over the chrono after its reseal?
    I ask because the velocity of the 604's was the only thing I was disappointed with really and I wonder if they improved it at all with the 606...?
    Last edited by harvey_s; 13-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Out of interest did you put it over the chrono after its reseal?
    I ask because the velocity of the 604's was the only thing I was disappointed with really and I wonder if they improved it at all with the 609...?
    Nick may not have done but as the aforementioned customer, I just did
    It's doing 405 with 7 grain R10 match, which equates to 2.55 ft.lbs. Heavier pellets may return a little bit higher energy.

I think the long lever Feinwerkbaus and IZH-46M can top that but I don't think that is too shabby for a SSP; it is more than my HW75 which is a lot harder to cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Nick may not have done but as the aforementioned customer, I just did
    It's doing 405 with 7 grain R10 match, which equates to 2.55 ft.lbs. Heavier pellets may return a little bit higher energy.

I think the long lever Feinwerkbaus and IZH-46M can top that but I don't think that is too shabby for a SSP; it is more than my HW75 which is a lot harder to cock.
    Thanks for the info. - appreciated & I agree thats a pretty decent figure out of such a compact package.

FAS 604

I own a FAS 604 and still use it - Yes, as mentioned above it is low powered, but this thing is deadly accurate and its trigger is highly adjustable. I haven't tried any other ssp, but would recommend this gun to anybody.