Thread: Grub screw for Daystate mk4

Question Grub screw for Daystate mk4

I noticed some play in my barrel today and realised I had lost the grub screw that goes through the top of the block to secure the barrel in place. There are 2 in the side but with the top one gone it allows a little bit of play, which translates to a lot at the business end of the barrel.

Can anyone tell me the size of the missing screw and where is best to pick one up from?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Darren

I don't have one of these in front of me to look at, hence the question: are all three apparently the same size?

Could you take one of the remaining two out and use that as a pattern to find a replacement?

As it's a Daystate there's no knowing what thread it might be. They seem to use a number of odd sizes, perhaps with deference to the US market.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

It's the same size as the 2 grub screws that hold the Hugget shroud in place. I know that because I took one off the shroud to secure the barrel again.
    I figured that was better than a wobbly barrel but I'm still a screw down.

Cheers,

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by dtdukok View Post
    It's the same size as the 2 grub screws that hold the Hugget shroud in place. I know that because I took one off the shroud to secure the barrel again.
    I figured that was better than a wobbly barrel but I'm still a screw down.

Cheers,

Darren
    What size allen key fits it? If it is a metric 1,5mm key, then the screw is M3. If a 2,0mm key then the screw is M4. 2,5mm key - screw M5. Same info is available for imperial grub screws, but I would have thought Daystates would be metric.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

That's useful, thank you.
    I'll get a mic' on it tomorrow and see what it is.

Might try a begging email to Daystate if I can't find one for sale. Don't really want to buy a bag of them once I do know the right size.

Cheers,

Darren

That sounds like a good swap.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Just call Daystate and ask them. You might even get one in the post FOC, or at least dirt cheap.

I've always found their support to be exceptional; far better than Air Arms that just can't be ****ed.

Screw

Hi send Daystate a SAE with a covering letter and couple of first class stamps in and you will get your screws.

Make it easy for them!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Thumbs up Excellent service from Daystate...

One email to Daystate. Response within 2 days. x2 grub screws mailed out to me FOC and received 2 days later.

Very courteous response and instant offer of a couple of freebies.

That's great customer service and worth a mention.

Good on you Daystate.

Service

This service I have found is usual from Daystate.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!