Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz 452-2e zkm style 22lr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cz 452-2e zkm style 22lr

Hi guys.

Here is my review on one of my recent purchases the CZ 452 STYLE.

I used to have a Weihrauch HW100 KT .22 Quickfill.....my CZ wipes the floor with the HW100. Don't get me wrong the HW100 is an amazing bit of kit but I sold it to get something with more power and more distance.

The CZ 452 is insane. I've only recently purchased it but I can't fault it a single bit and I'm usually critical when it comes to finding faults and pointing them out.

The bolt is smooth, the magazine is easy to load, the rifle is light even with the scope mounted, with the Sirocco moderator that I have on it it's just as quiet as the HW100 which was dead silent. The rifle is comfortable to hold and fire, there's only a tiny bit of recoil, the bolt is easy to remove, everything is great.

If there wasn't the risk of blowing my bits off then my penis would be lodged in the barrel right now and I'd be at A&E trying to explain how I 'slipped and fell' in the rifle, that's how happy I am with it right now.

Compared to the HW100 there are loads of positives like not having to fill it with air every 50 shots, I can get almost three times as much distance, etc.

Anyway that's pretty much everything for now.

I will keep you guys updated as time goes on with the good and the bad.

Thanks
    It's strange how guns and cars can take lives yet they have no lives of their own to be taken, they're only an existance.....

I've got the cz 452 American, fantastic rifle, totally agree with your review, well built, awesomely accurate and a cracking price! Accounted for more than its fair share of bunnies!!

Cz

Great rifles but different animals to air rifles. Pity about ricochets though. When that buzz goes my heart cringes

Quote Originally Posted by cervelo View Post
    Great rifles but different animals to air rifles. Pity about ricochets though. When that buzz goes my heart cringes
    I've got the solution! I'm not crazy and I (unfortunately) don't work for Winchester BUT I will definitely say nothing but good things about their subsonic rounds.

I've tried RWS subsonics AND RWS High Velocity rounds and both ricochet like a bitch! I started off using Winchester subsonics but thought I would try RWS as my firearms dealer recommended them as one of his customers loves them. Personally the RWS rounds are lethal! 15 out of 17 of the subsonics that I fired ricocheted and scared the life out of me. I hate ricochets just as much as anyone as the only thing that runs through my head is "sh*t what did that hit?!"

I've gone back to Winchester subsonics and 2 (yes two) out of every 400 rounds ricochet and those two were only because I accidently hit a wire fence so it was inevitable that they were going to ricochet when hitting thin metal.

Seriously I can't recommend them enough! I've even told my firearms officer to recommend them as they're as safe as anything!

I love my Winchester subsonics! Seriously if you try them and you get any more than 2% of them ricochet whilst you're out then I'll be extremely surprised.

I hope this helps and good luck shooting!
    It's strange how guns and cars can take lives yet they have no lives of their own to be taken, they're only an existance.....

mine were richostetong going straight through bunnies and here them zoom off
    sorted

Jesus! I've not had that experience yet! That would put me off using my .22 :s

When I first got the .22 I was paranoid about hitting everything but the rabbits but if you get the chance try the Winchester subsonics, you definitely won't look back.

I told my firearms dealer what happened when I used the RWS subsonics and he said that it faster burning powder in them and that they're hotter rounds which is why they were ricocheting.

If you decide to buy some let me know how you get on. What were/have you been using so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Colliwobbles View Post
    I've got the cz 452 American, fantastic rifle, totally agree with your review, well built, awesomely accurate and a cracking price! Accounted for more than its fair share of bunnies!!
    Hi just brought a cz 452 silo all in black
    What a bunny buster these guns are

What ammo do you use with your 452

Thanks for the original info, just got my FAC and was looking at one of these
    Cheers
    Alan

Excellent rifles.

The trigger is the single greatest (and cheap/simple) upgrade.

The Boyds stocks are nice http://www.boydsgunstocks.com

And if you wish to 'play' you can tweak the basics with the odd goodie thus: https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php?cPath=10. Or from Dip. http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3600

The action was supplied in the past to Walther for thier KKM match rifle

Terry

cz rifle

great bit of kit i also own one of these and learnt a lot of disipline with it

answer to what ammo would I use in a CZ

In my experience you can use any ammo up to 50M. At this distance, using a scope and a bi-pod you should be getting a 30mm group's.
    If you cant do this: clean your barrel by pulling a snake through a couple of times. check that the 2 screw's holding the rifle stock to the rifle action and barrel are tight. check the screws holding the scope are also tight.I you are using a free floating barrel make sure that it is not catching on the stock.

If you want to shoot further than this,say 100yards. For general purpose use and target practice try SK rifle match. We use this but you have got to expect the occasional dropper.

For 100 yard competition I would recommend ELEY MATCH. My son used this recently in a 100 yard comp and shot 6 - 100s on the trot, bull size 30mm dia (outdoors open range).

For vermin control I would suggest ELEY PLUS subsonic Hollow extra. Don't forget to buy this ammo you will need permission to buy on your licence. I suggest you ask others about this topic.

I went the easy way after many headaches and just use one sort, Windchester subsonic 42gn, just for consistency and ease.
    Im also trying some Zeds, and found them getting better and better. Got a hare at about 70 metres with it.
    Neither of us knew he had been hit! But dont shoot them anymore they dont cause any problems.

cz 542 .22 lr lux

I have been shooting a variety of CZ rim fire rifles for 20 years, they are the most reliable and durable rifle on the market. Whether target shooting or sport shooting, If I had to take one rifle it would be a CZ.

Cz452

Been um'ing and ah'ing over this or the Savage..... Need to get out and have a play me thinks!