Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cz 452-2e zkm style 22lr

Cz 452-2e zkm style 22lr

Hi guys.

Here is my review on one of my recent purchases the CZ 452 STYLE.

I used to have a Weihrauch HW100 KT .22 Quickfill.....my CZ wipes the floor with the HW100. Don't get me wrong the HW100 is an amazing bit of kit but I sold it to get something with more power and more distance.

The CZ 452 is insane. I've only recently purchased it but I can't fault it a single bit and I'm usually critical when it comes to finding faults and pointing them out.

The bolt is smooth, the magazine is easy to load, the rifle is light even with the scope mounted, with the Sirocco moderator that I have on it it's just as quiet as the HW100 which was dead silent. The rifle is comfortable to hold and fire, there's only a tiny bit of recoil, the bolt is easy to remove, everything is great.

If there wasn't the risk of blowing my bits off then my penis would be lodged in the barrel right now and I'd be at A&E trying to explain how I 'slipped and fell' in the rifle, that's how happy I am with it right now.

Compared to the HW100 there are loads of positives like not having to fill it with air every 50 shots, I can get almost three times as much distance, etc.

Anyway that's pretty much everything for now.

I will keep you guys updated as time goes on with the good and the bad.

Thanks
    It's strange how guns and cars can take lives yet they have no lives of their own to be taken, they're only an existance.....

I've got the cz 452 American, fantastic rifle, totally agree with your review, well built, awesomely accurate and a cracking price! Accounted for more than its fair share of bunnies!!

Cz

Great rifles but different animals to air rifles. Pity about ricochets though. When that buzz goes my heart cringes

Quote Originally Posted by cervelo View Post
    Great rifles but different animals to air rifles. Pity about ricochets though. When that buzz goes my heart cringes
    I've got the solution! I'm not crazy and I (unfortunately) don't work for Winchester BUT I will definitely say nothing but good things about their subsonic rounds.

I've tried RWS subsonics AND RWS High Velocity rounds and both ricochet like a bitch! I started off using Winchester subsonics but thought I would try RWS as my firearms dealer recommended them as one of his customers loves them. Personally the RWS rounds are lethal! 15 out of 17 of the subsonics that I fired ricocheted and scared the life out of me. I hate ricochets just as much as anyone as the only thing that runs through my head is "sh*t what did that hit?!"

I've gone back to Winchester subsonics and 2 (yes two) out of every 400 rounds ricochet and those two were only because I accidently hit a wire fence so it was inevitable that they were going to ricochet when hitting thin metal.

Seriously I can't recommend them enough! I've even told my firearms officer to recommend them as they're as safe as anything!

I love my Winchester subsonics! Seriously if you try them and you get any more than 2% of them ricochet whilst you're out then I'll be extremely surprised.

I hope this helps and good luck shooting!
    It's strange how guns and cars can take lives yet they have no lives of their own to be taken, they're only an existance.....

mine were richostetong going straight through bunnies and here them zoom off
    sorted

Jesus! I've not had that experience yet! That would put me off using my .22 :s

When I first got the .22 I was paranoid about hitting everything but the rabbits but if you get the chance try the Winchester subsonics, you definitely won't look back.

I told my firearms dealer what happened when I used the RWS subsonics and he said that it faster burning powder in them and that they're hotter rounds which is why they were ricocheting.

If you decide to buy some let me know how you get on. What were/have you been using so far?

Good gun i got one too love it to bits nice, light and cheap to buy,but cant shot up into trees

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rakrynaz View Post

If there wasn't the risk of blowing my bits off then my penis would be lodged in the barrel right now and I'd be at A&E trying to explain how I 'slipped and fell' in the rifle, that's how happy I am with it right now.

You should send that testimonial to CZ.

I have got through 400 RWS subbies without a single ricochet, by making sure I have a suitable backstop at all times.

Now back to my favourite Eley subs though.

CZ Blessings

I too have the pleasure of owning one of these rifles. and to be honest i am in love. All seems to run smoothly and the accuracy i have achieved against bunnies at a long distance is un-real. I may be a little biased seen as its also my first .22lr and not had my firearms certificate for too long and in comparison to my air rifle that hardly leaves the house now i a cant grumble about the CZ.

I would maybe like a little bit of a nicer stock it seems from what i have seen rimfires don't seem as pretty as some of the air rifles out there lol. So if any of you guys know where to get replacement stocks for this rifle let me know!

I have to also totally agree with the Winchester Sub Sonics, i too was very nervous about the risk of ricochets since moving towards .22LR over air rifle but after recommendation the winchesters are the only round i have put through the rifle and to date i have had not heart stopping whistles from the ground! For that reason and the fact that i am getting great accuracy dont think ill ever bother to try an alternative round in the gun!

Have to agree with you regards ther Winni subs. I must have put about 8-900 through my CZ455 with only one hangfire. No refusals to cycle either. When I swapped a box of Winnies for Elley subs with a mate I had four failures to cycle. Each rifle is different and they prefer their own ammo, some Winnies, some Elleys etc. You try a number and then stick to them.

Have a look at the thumbhole stock for the 452. I have one on my 455 and it's the Dog's Nadgers. Sits in the hand beautifully. Beautifully balanced. Got picture on my review of the rifle on here. Looks good as well as shoots well.
    http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...ncle62/007.jpg
    Last edited by Uncle Albert; 24-01-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    Rochfordac.co.uk
    AA TX200 AA S410
    Daystate Mk4 IsT A fine silken boddied woman

I used to have a 452 a few years ago, and thought it was great, apart from the trigger. After a Weihrauch Rekord unit, nothing else really comes close. I eventually got an old Remington, and I LOVED it !.

I had a 452 with a Trigger job, that was worth the extra money. Cant remember where I got it, maybe South Yorkshire shooting supplies.
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Quote Originally Posted by Colliwobbles View Post
    I've got the cz 452 American, fantastic rifle, totally agree with your review, well built, awesomely accurate and a cracking price! Accounted for more than its fair share of bunnies!!
    Hi just brought a cz 452 silo all in black
    What a bunny buster these guns are