Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cz 452-2e zkm style 22lr

What ammo do you use with your 452

Thanks for the original info, just got my FAC and was looking at one of these
    Cheers
    Alan

Excellent rifles.

The trigger is the single greatest (and cheap/simple) upgrade.

The Boyds stocks are nice http://www.boydsgunstocks.com

And if you wish to 'play' you can tweak the basics with the odd goodie thus: https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php?cPath=10. Or from Dip. http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3600

The action was supplied in the past to Walther for thier KKM match rifle

Terry

Had the style for abit. And they are cracking rifles. Mine was dead accurate thats for sure

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...
    I had a CZ 452 22 and sold It ...I have regretted It ever since and would have It back In a heartbeat, nice 18" barrel, polished sears in the trigger and very quiet and smooth...Some people rate these rifles as poor, but CZ know a bit about building rifles, look at their history...
    Last edited by sparko; 26-11-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    Not sure where I`m going.....But I`ll get there someday

cz rifle

great bit of kit i also own one of these and learnt a lot of disipline with it

cz 542 .22 lr lux

I have been shooting a variety of CZ rim fire rifles for 20 years, they are the most reliable and durable rifle on the market. Whether target shooting or sport shooting, If I had to take one rifle it would be a CZ.

answer to what ammo would I use in a CZ

In my experience you can use any ammo up to 50M. At this distance, using a scope and a bi-pod you should be getting a 30mm group's.
    If you cant do this: clean your barrel by pulling a snake through a couple of times. check that the 2 screw's holding the rifle stock to the rifle action and barrel are tight. check the screws holding the scope are also tight.I you are using a free floating barrel make sure that it is not catching on the stock.

If you want to shoot further than this,say 100yards. For general purpose use and target practice try SK rifle match. We use this but you have got to expect the occasional dropper.

For 100 yard competition I would recommend ELEY MATCH. My son used this recently in a 100 yard comp and shot 6 - 100s on the trot, bull size 30mm dia (outdoors open range).

For vermin control I would suggest ELEY PLUS subsonic Hollow extra. Don't forget to buy this ammo you will need permission to buy on your licence. I suggest you ask others about this topic.

I went the easy way after many headaches and just use one sort, Windchester subsonic 42gn, just for consistency and ease.
    Im also trying some Zeds, and found them getting better and better. Got a hare at about 70 metres with it.
    Neither of us knew he had been hit! But dont shoot them anymore they dont cause any problems.

Cz452

Been um'ing and ah'ing over this or the Savage..... Need to get out and have a play me thinks!

I have the CZ .22 American, great Rifle

Hi all,

I've owned a few CZ's in 17hmr and .22 and I love them! Deadly accurate and very reasonably priced. I would say that a trigger kit is a fantastic mod! There are a few cracking kits out there and they are WELL worth the price if your serious about what you do.

Have fun bunny busting!

DDD

CZ accuracy word of warning

I have heard that some shooters are shortening the barrel of there CZ rifle's.
    Before doing this I advise that you speak to someone such as your friendly fire arms dealer.
    My understanding is that you will have to have the rifle re proofed.
    Does anyone have further advice on this matter.
    The other important thing is that CZ's are forged tighter a the end of the barrel to improve there accuracy.
    If you shorten the barrel you will loose accuracy.
    regards GoGit

Cz 452

I tried a friends 452 in .17HMR and was so impressed I have just put a deposit on a 452 American .17hmr with trigger kit and 4-16 x 50 scope. Second hand but little used. I will let you know how it performs
    Last edited by neutron_bomb; 21-06-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: missed calibre out

Cz 452

I've had my 452 about a year now and after fitting the Rimfire Magic trigger job I can't fault it. I use RWS HP Subs for field work. I also use it for 22 benchrest in the UKBR22 sporter class with good results using Eley Match. I might do even better if everyone used out of the box sporters instead of chopped about match rifles. Well! I suppose you can't have everything. End of moan