Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "O" rings - what lubrcates them best?

Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    Please dont cringe everyone but I use my motorcyle chain wax.This stuff is designed for o ring motorbike chains
    Funny you should say that, I was considering using Rock chain spray wax - it is so thin when first applied ( aerosol spray as thin as WD40) I wondered if I could put a short squirt inside the cylinder to save the need for a strip down - operate the cocking stroke a few times to coat the "O" rings - and then leave it to "set" ( such that it does).

If this does work it would be a very simple and easy way to apply a little "preventative maintenance" - but I am concerned about the solvents that need to evaporate to then leave the wax like coating. Presumably they would be pumped out as I exercise the cocking lever?

Have you tried it on a Laurie resealed pistol by any chance?

My other thought about a little preventative lube was the "new" type Crossman pelgun oil - also mentioned in this thread.
    Last edited by zooma; 04-08-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

In case we all forget.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....light=bengarzy

There is a Lot Lot more to these posts.As you can see rather old posts cannot spend time at the moment to dig the rest out.
    Well worth the effort to refresh your memory or give yourself a worry if you've not read them.
    Only hope I've got the right ones,as I'm in a bit of a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by oceansoul View Post
    In case we all forget.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....light=bengarzy

There is a Lot Lot more to these posts.As you can see rather old posts cannot spend time at the moment to dig the rest out.
    Well worth the effort to refresh your memory or give yourself a worry if you've not read them.
    Only hope I've got the right ones,as I'm in a bit of a rush.
    Good advice,i know a few people who use silicone oil on rifle seals and they dont seem to have problems but after seeing it destroy a friends hw80 when we were kids,i would never put the stuff anywhere near one of my rifles.I use crosman pelgun oil now as i think crosman know a thing or 2 about pneumatics and rubber seals.