Thread: Which Target rifle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For accuracy in Bench Rest shooting, get a bolt action. Semi-autos (like Rimfire Magics 10-22s) take a lot of money to shoot accurately, and still won't quite compete. I'd look for an Anschutz Match 54; these are often sold by a four digit model number. The first two digits represent the production series, and the rough age: 14 = 1954-1980 (rifles made between 1977 and 1980 are often known as 16 not 14); 18 = 1980-87; 19 = 1987 to present; 20 is a slightly different rifle. Rifles made after 1977 have a much nicer trigger. Alternatively you could look at Walther or FWB. A BSA Martini international could be right if you can find one that's not been shot much; avoid ex-club rifles as these are often used heavily and not properly maintained.

Anschutz Match 54; A BSA Martini international could be right if you can find one that's not been shot much;

i`ve got a mk3 martini and i would never sell it, it will group 5 shots in the size of your thumb nail at 50m
    with the fitted apature open sight ph25/ph1 either the bsa or anschutz you cant go wrong
    how does it work? i don`t know but it does