Thread: Parker Hale Enfield Musketoon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Parker Hale Enfield Musketoon

Any good?

Smoothbore, .557 calibre,

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella

Bengal carbine

The Parker hale guns were very well built unlike my first muzzleloader which was an Enfield clone the 12 bore Bengal cavalry carbine, does anyone remember them? it was quite roughly built and its 25 inch barrel produced a huge muzzle flash, being rather light it also had heavy recoil when loaded with a patched round ball. it was good fun and gave me a lifelong love of blackpowder!

The Parker-Hale guns are well made & seem to fetch a premioum price over other.

IMHO though - I would go for a 2 band or 3 band but rifled rather than smooth - you will be much happier with what is on the target !

Regards

I’m finding this thread to be of great interest. I own an Italian “Interarms” repro of the Enfield Muskertoon. I bought it second hand and feel it is in near new condition. I have still yet to fire it. Had this notion that I wanted to try my hand at black powder shooting and as I have always had an interest in military firearms thought that the “Enfield” road was the best way to go. However work commitments have prevented me getting to the range for far too long now. I also own a 3 band P.H. Enfield repro. This rifle has NEVER been fired other then when proofed.
    Both arms are good to look at but for fit and finish the P.H. has the edge over the Italian carbine. It may be a while yet until I get to compare performance and then as a novice B.P. shooter I doubt that I will be able to coax the best out of them.
    I am not even sure that I should fire the P.H. at all. Mint examples must be rather rare.
    Barry.
    New Zealand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Fire the bloody thing thats what its for! providing you clean it properly i doubt you will reduce its value, the musketoon might be a good bet for hunting those feral piggies you get out there, best not miss though

Thanks for the info guys.

They are very nice looking guns, trouble is £450 is a tad pricey... anyone know where to get one cheaper?