Thread: Help, cant fill bsa ultra from bottle?

Help, cant fill bsa ultra from bottle?

just recently bought an ultra, guy filled it up for me no bother when i picked it up.

i got myself a 300bar bottle today and ive attached whip to gauge and my fill adapter to the whip. When i open the valve on the bottle with the air flys out as intended, i then cock the gun put the adapter into the gun and try to fill it up but my gun pressures not going up. I know i have no leaks and that the bleed valve is closed....anything im doing wrong here? its my first pcp>??

THANKS

secretagentmole Guest
    What pressure have you got in your bottle? What pressure are you trying to fill to?

This is not as daft a question as it sounds, if your bottle only has 80 bar in, air will still fly out! However if the gun has 81 bar in it, air will not flow in, your bottle may need topping up!

just had the bottle filled up 20mins ago

my mates got an ultra and he doesnt cock it to fill it??

secretagentmole Guest
    Right if you had the bottle filled 20 minutes ago, what pressure does it say on the bottle as you try to fill?

If it is reading no pressure at all it may be your o rings have gone on the probe and you need new o rings!

secretagentmole Guest
    Also just jiggle the probe a bit, they can be a bit fussy on seating position!

Have you left the decant screw open?

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

BSA Ultra

Check the filling probe (filling adaptor as it is callled in the manual).
    In the instruction manual it clearly states :-
    "The adaptor has a restrictor screw fitted which must be left screwed tightly in place when using a large pressure to fill the gun cylinder.

I had the same filling problem & found that the restrictor screw was not tight. As a result the filling hose pressured up but the gun cylinder was not being filled.
    Check it out !!.

Al.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

secretagentmole Guest
    Albur I forgot all about those as the first thing I did was take the damned things out.....

Ultra

Just fixed one with same problem

The valve in the front of the air tube was stuck
    The o ring had split and got jammed over the top of the valve causing the valve not to open under pressure
    All that was happening was the air in the hose was going up to pressure but nothing was going in to the rifle

You may have the same problem

Have you tried to fill another rifle just to see if you filling equipment is ok