A good friend of mine, Andrew Luck, is running a triathlon on the 9th of September, to raise money for a charity called Regain.

Andrew has been a carer for a man called Andy for several years, and has gone above and beyond the call of duty in this regard. Andy is tetraplegic with very limited use of his limbs, and requires round the clock care. He is in desparate need of an operation - which the NHS cannot provide - that will restore damage done to his limbs because of his condition. Regain are assisting with this, and with the maintenance care that he will need for life.

Despite being profoundly and obviously disabled Andy has seen his disability benefits reduced like many others, and without the care and compassion shown by my friend Andrew and the people at Regain his quality of life would not be the same.

For myself personally I would consider such a condition to be something like a waking nightmare, and to know that there are people out there that bear that burden so bravely fills me with shame and inpires me in equal measure.

Andrew Luck is not an athlete, but he has been training with olympic intensity these past few months, so that he can do right by his friend. If you are able, please donate a little to his cause - it's quick and easy and hassle free, and I promise you will be making a difference for the price of a tin of pellets.

Please donate here if you can:

https://www.justgiving.com/andrew-luck

Thanks all