Thread: Feinwerkbau 603.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=wonky donky;5599660]The tube is indeed an absorber. It contains a piston, a floating tapered pin, a spring, a plastic cup & a screw.

It is held in place with 2 x 2.5mm screws, between which is a small o ring under the aluminium body.

The plastic circlip referred too covers a hole in the absorber body through which adjustments are made.

Adjustments can only be made when the absorber is in it's most rearward position & is by means of a screw.

The system works by bleeding a small amount of air from the transfer port upon firing & is only effective if correctly set up.

Yours is the later absorber as the earlier model did not have external means of adjustment.

Do they work.....well yes, but you have to be good to notice the difference as you will get more vibration from the tension being released off the cocking lever upon firing.

Thank you very much for the above information - it certainly answers all my questions.

I am still surprised that there is no real explaination or even a mention of it in the 603 owners handbook, and it is not shown on the drawings inside the front cover either.

I am guessing Feinwerkbau must have been satisfied with this "piggy-back" absorber if they have continued with it on their 700 series of rifles.

Do you happen to know if it is also continued on the new 800 by any chance?

Feinwerkbau only ever seem to picture their rifles from the right hand side, and so we never get to see the left hand side where this absorber is located.

Oh yes, the piston travel should be between 12 to 17mm. If you do decide to alter it I suggest you download a FWB 700 manual where you will find instructions how to do it.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-08-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.