Thread: BSA RB2 Stutzen .22 calibre Airsporter and Airsporter Centenary .22 calibre.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA RB2 Stutzen .22 calibre Airsporter and Airsporter Centenary .22 calibre.

I am going to sell a couple of my BSA Airsporters to raise some cash to pay for a match rifle and would appreciate some help with the valuation before I advertise them.

The RB2 is in superb condition - I have not fired it yet, but I will do so tomorrow to make sure everything works as good as it looks. The stock has a nice colour and grain and I can't see any marks of any type anywhere. The blue is also as good as it should be for a rifle in this excellent condition. I do have a 3-9 x 40 Hawke scope on it with a solid one piece mount, but I am guessing I may as well keep the scope and mount as it won't make that much difference to the selling price? The front sight with hood and rear sight are in place.

The Centenary Airsporter is also .22 and has it's cardboard box, cloth badge, paperwork etc, and the certificate has been framed to keep it perfect. The carry case has broken handles that appear to have gone brittle and broken into a few pieces ( something I am told is fairly common) but all the handle pieces are in a clear zip seal bag. The rifle had never been shot until recently, but I put a few shots through it indoors to check everything worked OK - and it did - no problem!

If I can raise some good money on these two I will sell them both, but I realise I may never find as good an example of either of them again so if they are not worth much I will keep them and save up for a bit longer.

I will take some pictures if the ball park valuations suggest selling them would help me buy the new match rifle.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-08-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Both of these are desirable and very fine examples of classic BSA, very best of luck with sale.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Both of these are desirable and very fine examples of classic BSA, very best of luck with sale.
    Thanks - as soon as I get some idea about what they may be worth I will advertise them here as I would like them both to go to a good home.

Hello ,

The RB2 ~ £250:00
    The Centenary ~ £450:00

Sam

in excellent condition the rb2 £350

the centenary i have never seen one under £500 in excellent condition as a rough guess £600 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these are well capable of fetching £400 and £600 pending condition , cal, etc ,etc

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    in excellent condition the rb2 £350

the centenary i have never seen one under £500 in excellent condition as a rough guess £600 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these are well capable of fetching £400 and £600 pending condition , cal, etc ,etc
    Thanks for that - those prices are a bit closer to what I thought they would probably be.

I will put some pictures up for the Stutzen tomorrow - I shot it for the first time today ( indoors) and it is nice - and with a fair bit of power too - it really hit my bell target hard!

I was impressed to be honest - I am almost having second thoughts about it now - but I can't keep them all if I want a new match rifle so my Airsporter Mk1, 2 and 3 may also have to go to help with the war effort .