Thread: What a difference

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

What a difference

You'd think all BP was the same, wouldn't you? It's not.

I recently ran out of Peter Starley's BP and bought some of Kranky Henry's from the club shop. What a difference between the two.

Krank's is much "livelier" grain for grain so I'm going to have to reduce my loads to get back to my "Happy Place". It also produced so much smoke that I had to abandon shooting after 12 shots for fear of giving my companion shooters lung cancer. I must admit that I like it when the range descends into foggy chaos until the extractor manages to clear the fog.

I have been using Remington No 10 percussion caps with no problem in my ROA but CCI No 10 will not fit so I have had to go to No 11 for this make. Has anyone else had this problem???
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

My ROA uses #11.

Since 1986.

tac
    vcrai.com

Hi Lilguy

As Tac says - No 11 (or my preference RWS 1075) for me all the way

There is a locked thread here from a writer called Mako on OpenRange that not only makes good reading - tells all there is to know about the major brands !

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/in...p?topic=9093.0

Enjoy

Roy

Yep, number 11s for me too. Both my Rugers and the Rogers like the Remmington ones, seem to stay on the nipple after firing just enough so they dont drop into the action but easy to flick off for re loading. Tim