Thread: 10m Air Pistol shooting around Central London

10m Air Pistol shooting around Central London

Hello all,

I've been a member for awhile, haven't posted in years. I'm originally from Bangalore, India used to shoot 10m AP competitively, I moved to the UK about 4 years ago and stopped shooting. I'm in a position now where I feel like and can continue with my hobby and would love to find a place to shoot 10m AP around Central London (or London, I'm going to start working near Richmond), I live near Paddington and have no vehicle. I've contacted the Stock Exchange Rifle Club, does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Akshay
    Morini 162EI

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Akshay
    Try Marlybone RPC, they had lost their range, London was bit of a dessert for ranges but not sure if they have got another one yet.
    Bisley would be a definate but without transport could be a bit wakward.
    Good luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Many thanks Robin, but I think Marlybone RPC aren't looking at taking on board new members until the new range is complete which is going to be around the London Bridge area. I'll give them a call though.

Regards,

Akshay
    Morini 162EI

Wandsworth any good?

Hey Norm,

I'll take a look at it, its about an hour and a half away by train and walking distance from the rail station, so thats ideal. Thanks.

Regards,

Akshay
    Morini 162EI

Hi
    the club is Borough of wandsworth Rifle Club. We shoot smallbore and air. We have indoor 10 metre and 25 yard ranges and outdoor 20yard, 26 yard, 50 metre & 100 yard ranges. We have a fairly long waiting list for smallbore starters but air pistol shooters with experience are welcome immediately.
    If you would like to come along for a visit , Wednesday or Saturday 1pm - 7pm let me know and we can arrange it.

Quote Originally Posted by norm View Post
    Hi
    the club is Borough of wandsworth Rifle Club. We shoot smallbore and air. We have indoor 10 metre and 25 yard ranges and outdoor 20yard, 26 yard, 50 metre & 100 yard ranges. We have a fairly long waiting list for smallbore starters but air pistol shooters with experience are welcome immediately.
    If you would like to come along for a visit , Wednesday or Saturday 1pm - 7pm let me know and we can arrange it.
    Hey Norm,

That sounds great, as I mentioned I'm interested in 10m AP only, how does this Saturday sound to you?, I know its rather short notice, but the wife is occupied so its the ideal opportunity for me to visit your range.

Thanks.

Regards,

Akshay
    Morini 162EI

You have a pm

Stock Exchange

Just to add to this thread regarding the Stock Exchange Club. I was a member there around 9-10 years ago. They were a very friendly bunch. I had not shot in years prior to joining and they made me, and my girlfriend at the time, very welcome. Good facilities with rifle range together with 10m air range. I moved to the north so relinquished my membership and miss the socials.