Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prone shooting.

Mike,

there's nothing wrong with canting the rifle. So long as the angle of cant is consistent, it's a simple way of briging the sightline nearer your eye. However if you can put a new bit of wood on the cheekpiece assembly, this will be easier.

Odd that the rifle is a KKM, as the KK200 was introduced in '96-ish. Does your Walther have a round or square receiver?

Sorted.

I seem to have sorted the problem but it could have been one of two things i have done,first i gave the barrel a good clean second thing was i had always had a problem getting my head in correct position the cheek peice would move up or down but no side ajustment so i removed it altogether and made my own one up from hard foam with two steel pins this one alows me to put my head in a better position i have shot at 50m and shot perfect score with no shots out to the left i will make up a cheek peice out of wood as i dont want to alter the original one so thank you all for looking and for your help and advice.
    Mike.

Sorry.

Sorry Tim i missed your last thread my receiver is round.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse 1948 View Post
    I seem to have sorted the problem but it could have been one of two things i have done,first i gave the barrel a good clean second thing was i had always had a problem getting my head in correct position the cheek peice would move up or down but no side ajustment so i removed it altogether and made my own one up from hard foam with two steel pins this one alows me to put my head in a better position i have shot at 50m and shot perfect score with no shots out to the left i will make up a cheek peice out of wood as i dont want to alter the original one so thank you all for looking and for your help and advice.
    Mike.
    Sounds like you nailed it! I wouldn't have thought a dirty barrel would have given you the problem you described but head position easily could. A good exercise to try is to shoot without a rear sight, it will show any inconsistency in head position as the rear sight won't be there to provide a reference point.
    Liam Webster

Thanks for your help

Hi Liam thanks for that i will give that a try next time at the range and like you have said more likely it was my head position.
    Mike.