Thread: Gamo Compact Question

Gamo Compact Question

Hi there i need some advice, im wanting to do some 10metre target shooting in my garden but have my eyes on a ssp Gamo compact, are these any good for 10metre shooting im not doing comps but still would like to know if my choice of pistol is worth while. Also is there anything you can do to upgrade them slightly.

cheers
    KJ1968

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    For the purpose you describe they are perfect and will reward your efforts accordingly.

Trigger wise all you need is here.... http://www.airgunbbs.com/archive/ind.../t-370681.html
    (the 'postfromspain' website has gone but the description is there...

Velocity wise I'm not aware of much that can be done either easily or cheaply, there used to be a description of how to do something, but it involved hot glue and it all looked a bit of a bodge IIRC

Sort out the trigger and you will have an extremely capable target pistol.
    It is possible to increase the power, slightly, by messing around with the piston to reduce the unswept volume or headspace at the end of the cylinder. Since the standard arrangement is perfectly satisfactory for target shooting up to 10m there really isn't much point in going to all the effort, plus it will be harder to cock if this mod is carried out adding to fatigue during a long shooting session.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I agree, the trigger is one of the weak points.
    I found the power adequate, around 2.2 ft/lbs.