Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Target Advice - Seal Kit

Pro Target Advice - Seal Kit

Hi Guys...

After a bit of advice... A mate of mine requires a seal kit for his Air Arms Pro Target. I can't seem to get a seal kit from Blackpool Airguns - they said because the gun is discontinued, they don't do seal kits for it anymore (found this a bit strange that service seal kits aren't available for a gun that is still in use by thousands of shooters)...

Can anyone suggest a memeber on here that I could order a seal kit from for this gun? If not, does anyone know if the seal kit for the EV2 is the same??

Thanks...

Colin
    DAYSTATE AIR RANGER 'n' lots of Powder Burners 'n' stuff ~ 90% of everything is crap...except for crap, coz crap is 100% crap!! ~ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Try these guys,

Clicky

"Seal kit" is just a pile of O-rings.

If your mate is willing to service his gun himself (no biggie) he can take it apart, measure the o-rings, and buy them individually almost certainly for far less than any "kit" will cost.

The ones I had some difficulty in sourcing - but not in the UK - were the x1 (1mm) thick ones that lie behind the brass exhaust valve seat. Simply because no one local to me stocked x1 o-rings. In the end I paid a bit more for these by buying an RC car engine service kit. But I'm sure that in the UK you can source these no prob.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Thanks for the advice guys... Looking into the options - the gun isn't mine... It's a mates and we need an o ring seal kit prior to it being taken apart - the service is being carried out by another friend, who will need to have all the o rings at hand to carry out the work.

Cheers

Colin
    DAYSTATE AIR RANGER 'n' lots of Powder Burners 'n' stuff ~ 90% of everything is crap...except for crap, coz crap is 100% crap!! ~ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Colin
    Would it not be worth contacting air arms direct http://www.air-arms.co.uk/ to see if they would provide you with a service kit, a word of caution though I believe that a special tool is required to enable the regulator to be taken apart.
    Dave
    "All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult."

Quote Originally Posted by Abbridale View Post
    Colin
    Would it not be worth contacting air arms direct http://www.air-arms.co.uk/ to see if they would provide you with a service kit, a word of caution though I believe that a special tool is required to enable the regulator to be taken apart.
    Dave
    Hi Dave...

Airarms have been contacted by email and they state that they no longer hold a service kit or carry out any servicing directly to the pro target. Its made me think that i will never buy another AA gun again if they do not support servicing directly or even supply service kits on a gun that is still used by thousands of shooters... very disappointed! I believe there are still third parties that service these guns, but like i said in one of my previous posts, the gun is going to be serviced by a friend, who is also a retired gunsmith, so if its going to be serviced by any third party, it would be him, rather than a stranger!
    Obviously if AA had still carried out servicing themselves, then that would have been an option.
    So we are only looking for a complete O-ring Service Kit for the Pro-Target - All the other advice is fully understood and appreciated, but we are ok for the servicing part - just the kit required...

Thanks again for all the advice!!

Cheers

Colin

Hi Colin
    Sorry, I didn't realise that you had already been in contact with AA, I can't believe that they will no longer be providing any support for the pro target especially when you consider how many times the regulator seals go. I also own a pro target which once again is in need of new seals so I would be very interested to see how you get on with sourcing the new oil rings. Can you give me further info on the tool you are going to use to disassemble the reg as I would love to service this unit myself especially as air arms are now sticking their figures up to all existing pro target owners..not good!
    All the best
    Dave

Hi Colin
    Sorry, I didn't realise that you had already been in contact with AA, I can't believe that they will no longer be providing any support for the pro target especially when you consider how many times the regulator seals go. I also own a pro target which once again is in need of new seals so I would be very interested to see how you get on with sourcing the new oil rings. Can you give me further info on the tool you are going to use to disassemble the reg as I would love to service this unit myself especially as air arms are now sticking their figures up to all existing pro target owners..not good!
    All the best
    Dave
    Hi Dave...
    I'll be glad to pass any info on to you that i can, but I am not the one carrying out the service. I am not aware of which seals have gone in the pro target, and i do not know which reg tool our friend, retired gunsmith uses to service the reg (if the seals have gone on it)... I know there are a few reg tools available on other sites... have you also tried Julian on the AA Owner Website? Link is above... (as per bobt)

Regards...

Colin
    Last edited by gov.radio; 13-08-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Air Arrms - can they be that bad?

I am reading this thread with dismay.

What on earth are Air Arms thinking about?

How much of a problem would it be for them to chuck a few O rings of the correct size into a small zip pack for their customers to buy when they need to service their rifles?

If they can't be bothered with some simple O rings - what chance is there of buying spare parts when they are needed.

They will not have forgotten the sizes of O rings they used ( they probably still use them on their current production) so this is just the worst example of customer service and support that I have ever heard from a British company that ( at the moment) is enjoying good sales.

If this genuinely is their attitude towards their products and their customers then they as a manufacturer are not worth supporting.

Lets hope they get smart quickly!

I like their products, but if this is the way they are going to disregard their customers then I will not be buying anything from them again and could not in all honesty suggest anyone else does either.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

There are some very good gun servicers who dabble with protarget and would be more than happy to provide sizes etc of orings,contact John ostler,Davy penman etc....is there any difference with ev2?

Quote Originally Posted by stanbridge View Post
    There are some very good gun servicers who dabble with protarget and would be more than happy to provide sizes etc of orings,contact John ostler,Davy penman etc....is there any difference with ev2?
    That is good news - but the poor ( non existant?) supply of original parts from Air Arms does need addressing.

Has anyone spoken to Air Arms directly about their policy of not supporting recently discontinued Air Arms rifles?

Hopefully this may have just been a poorly advised answer from an employee that may not be fully aware of the consequnces that could follow if Air Arms really do intend to show no interest in their products once they are no longer in production.

The best way for any manufacturer to win friends and support is to look after their customers. It is a well known saying in business that the most important customers are the ones you have already got. If they are happy and speak well of you then future sales will follow from their satisfaction and recomendations.

The EV2 Mk1/2/3 regulator internals are the same as the Mk3 Pro-Target regulator - i.e. the silver bodied version with 7 engraved rings on it. EV2 trigger parts are also common to the Pro-Target. Not sure if they have changed the design in the latest version though.

The much older RN10 regulators which are brass or alloy bodied with a sticker wrapped around them are long since unavailable for factory parts.

Check the EV2 manual pdf on AA's website, go into the parts listing, any parts that use an 'RN' prefix are parts common to the RN10/Pro-Target as the EV is a redesigned Pro-Target.

As to AA, try phoning and if possible speak to Sheila, if she is still with, them as she knew the parts listings very well.
    Last edited by rockdrill; 14-08-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Thumbs up Air Arms Pro Target support update

FAO Fellow Air Arms Pro Target owners, well guys I have just spoken to Air Arms direct and can confirm that they will still service the pro target and repair/replace any faulty regulators....so good news all round.

FAO Fellow Air Arms Pro Target owners, well guys I have just spoken to Air Arms direct and can confirm that they will still service the pro target and repair/replace any faulty regulators....so good news all round.
    Now that is much better news!

Good job Air Arms - keep it up - air weapons can last for decades!

Thanks for the info mate, but AirArms seem to be telling different stories and making some people look like LIARS, and I'm not too happy about that! My mate Stuart, who owns the Pro Target that I am trying to get an O-Ring Service kit for, has an email FROM AIR ARMS stating that they do NOT service the Pro Target anymore nor do they provide service kits for them... I will get him to forward me the email from AirArms and publish it on here, because I am severely P***** Off with Air Arms - they seem to tell some people one thing and other people another when it suits them!!

Why is it so hard to get a ******* O-Ring Service Kit for this gun if it's sooooooooooooo supported by AA??????????????????????? I've spent hours trying to track one down!!!!!!!!! REALLY P***** Off with AA.....