Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro Target Advice - Seal Kit

Quote Originally Posted by gov.radio View Post
    Thanks for the info mate, but AirArms seem to be telling different stories and making some people look like LIARS, and I'm not too happy about that! My mate Stuart, who owns the Pro Target that I am trying to get an O-Ring Service kit for, has an email FROM AIR ARMS stating that they do NOT service the Pro Target anymore nor do they provide service kits for them... I will get him to forward me the email from AirArms and publish it on here, because I am severely P***** Off with Air Arms - they seem to tell some people one thing and other people another when it suits them!!

Why is it so hard to get a ******* O-Ring Service Kit for this gun if it's sooooooooooooo supported by AA??????????????????????? I've spent hours trying to track one down!!!!!!!!! REALLY P***** Off with AA.....

Lets hope Air Arms read BBS and take care of the source of wrongful information to clear the matter up once and for all.

I guess it's fair to say since we have had two completely opposing answers we still don't know for sure which one to believe - but I prefer the last positive one the best!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Colin
    In your mates defence when I spoke to Air Arms this morning they did say that they don't do a 'Service Kit' for the Pro Target but would only be too happy to service/repair the gun if it was sent to them. I don't think they are trying to make people look like liars it was just probably down to misinterpretation. I hope so anyway as I've just parcelled my action up and about to send it off to sunny Hailsham for yet another holiday, just for your information I was quoted £40 for the repair of the reg.
    ATB
    Dave
    "All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult."

Quote Originally Posted by Abbridale View Post
    Colin
    In your mates defence when I spoke to Air Arms this morning they did say that they don't do a 'Service Kit' for the Pro Target but would only be too happy to service/repair the gun if it was sent to them. I don't think they are trying to make people look like liars it was just probably down to misinterpretation. I hope so anyway as I've just parcelled my action up and about to send it off to sunny Hailsham for yet another holiday, just for your information I was quoted £40 for the repair of the reg.
    ATB
    Dave
    Thanks for the info again Dave - What it appears is that AA do not do the service themselves, but pass it to a third party to carry out any servicing to the Pro Target... I don't know yet if that is definately the case, but I will confirm when i find out for certain.
    I have spoken to Stuart on the phone (owner of the Pro Target) and he tells me that he has the reply email, which his son sent to AA. Also, there is a reliable member on here that also contacted AA to confirm the information Stuart received in the email, and he was given the same information as Stuart. I will not mention his name, but hope that he reads this and confirms the information received from AA...

As far as i'm concerned, AA have been a farce with their "mis-information" which seems to change depending on who they speak to or who answers the phone! I've purchased AA guns for many years, but Customer Care seems to be slipping, so I doubt very much if I will buy any more AA guns in the future... Shame it's got me feeling like that, but thats the way it is...

Cheers Dave...
    DAYSTATE AIR RANGER 'n' lots of Powder Burners 'n' stuff ~ 90% of everything is crap...except for crap, coz crap is 100% crap!! ~ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

This maybe clutching at straws but have you asked AA to let you have the dimensions and material specifications for the seals that you require. This information must still be on their files!

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    This maybe clutching at straws but have you asked AA to let you have the dimensions and material specifications for the seals that you require. This information must still be on their files!
    Think the point is being missed here!! Getting the technical info on the seals would not be an issue - Quite simply, as per the first post, all we were looking for was a Service Kit all in one package to save messing about trying to get everything required to make a complete service kit, probably from various different suppliers and many phone calls later!!! Wouldn't have thought that would be too much to ask from AA... YOU'D THINK!! You can get sevice kits for the 400, the 200 and a few other AA guns, so why not a gun like the Pro Target that is still very widely used by many target shooters??

Anyway, eventually got a kit from Julian via the AA Owners Website... Thanks Julian...

Lesson Learned - No more AA for me!!!!
    DAYSTATE AIR RANGER 'n' lots of Powder Burners 'n' stuff ~ 90% of everything is crap...except for crap, coz crap is 100% crap!! ~ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/