Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barpc summer sizzler 2012

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    So are there prizes for none Sussex shooters?

Monkey
    Yes-sanity
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

request to BARPC:

Hi Bob and the team-any possibility of you please put out zeroing boards-10,13,15,20.25.30.35.40.45.50.55 yards-there are quite a few who need to check their ranges and have not got access to a club. If you provide the boards I am happy to help position and fix them.

Kindest regards,
    Graham
    Last edited by Baxterbasics; 28-09-2012 at 09:59 PM.

All lies matter

A few of us Essex MAD boys may come down for a shoot:-)
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Hi Bob and the team-any possibility of you please put out zeroing boards-10,13,15,20.25.30.35.40.45.50.55 yards-there are quite a few who need to check their ranges and have not got access to a club. If you provide the boards I am happy to help position and fix them.

Kindest regards,
    Graham
    You won't need em mate, all targets are at least 55yards

There will be zero boards but we can't do that many. If you can get there for 8.00am Graham, you can set them up as required. we would normally put them at 45, 35 (for those using MTC scopes) 25 and 15.

I think I saw at least 5 back plates and there is paper and tape on site.

Course built but not seen it myself as I was putting up the pistol course.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

very excited
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Samharveyoswald is offline Buxted County Freestyle Diving Champion
    The bunny bash was my first go at this venue , properly looking forward to this
    Buxted Hobbit Army

The Gods are smiling on Popham-weather should be interesting chaps. May your Sat-navs bring you safely to Popham and may your Pellets fly true (but not as true as mine, please)

See you in the morning Bob
    Graham.

All lies matter

Just home (aching gently) - excellent course as usual, many thanks to BARPC for all their hard work. Must dig out the pistol for next time (Lookinng forward to the Bash already!)
    Cheers
    Charles
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

One word to describe that course-DIABOLICAL
    Many thanks BARPC for your hospitality

Well done Glenn Newman on your nerves of steel

All lies matter

Rediculously good fun
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"

Summer Sizzler

Really enjoyed the shoot (and the journey from Horsham). Got lots of practice at the long shots! Already looking forward to the Bunny Bash. Many thanks to all at BARPC for all they did today.
    :Phil J

I think that was one of the hardest courses I've shot in a very long while, you had to think hard about every target you shot at.

Well shot Glen, Graham and lastly and certainly not least Clive - some cracking shots, pity about the doughnuts

May even think about getting a pistol

Ta

Heather
    STEYR HUNTER/EB SNIPER
    EV2 MK1/BIG NIKKO - FT TX200/BIG NIKKO - FT
    KEEP SMILING

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    A rather late but nevertheless very BIG thank you to the whole Basingstoke crew for hosting yet another magnificently challenging Sizzler. I've always loved the format and degree of difficulty of your courses - gets my vote as the best shoot in the south of england all year round.

I suspect that the full challenge some of those lanes presented will not fully surface until I try getting out of bed tomorrow morning. Appointments with osteopath and chiropractor may be called for.

Looking forward to doing it all again for the 2013 Bunny Bash and Sizzler.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

I echo all the positive comments - great shoot, very clever target placement and I enjoyed that enormously. I am paying for it today however!

Sorry I had to dash, 3 dogs home alone had their legs crossed

Richard
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 01-10-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Thanks for your support!

Thanks for all the positive comments both on here and yesterday at the Sizzler. It is appreciated but more importantly it shows us that there is a place for this type of purgatory... Oops I meant competition

A special thank you to all our guests both regular and new for your support and attendance, which is never taken for granted and always very welcome. We hope you're not aching too much.

Well done to all the prize winners. Good to see some local talent in the top slots I heard the shoot off between Graham and Glen was down to the wire. Well to both of you!

Word is that there were some particulary devious and demanding shots, which means that the course builders did a cracking job, especially so as we had help from new club members as well as our usual stalwarts so thanks to all who turned up on Sat and indeed sunday to build the course, pull out lines and clear up at the end.

We had a few more whistles than normal but this is only to be expected until course building experience takes the upper hand and to be honest, I rather suffer a couple of extra whistles knowing that new members are prepared to get stuck in and build courses and help make the club successful. Most of the whistles however I think were due to people shooting off the strings by aiming in the wrong place, typical don't you know you're supposed to aim in the centre of the kill? It's not like we make the targets hard to get

A special thanks to Colin for his running around and Dave and Ali for doing the stats and to everyone who had a hand in making yesterday possible.

A big pat on the back however for the members who turned up and shot the course. These courses are set up as much for the membership as for those visiting either as individuals or from other clubs. There's no Popham club any more than a walled garden club, Rat House club or indoor club. Just BARPC which needs its members to support all the ranges. If you've never been to have a look at Popham or try it then you will never enrich your target shooting experience and almost certainly get bored with shooting in short order. The sport needs consistency and ongoing support to survive and visiting other clubs and trying different formats helps keep that interest alive.

We'll look forward to seeing everyone again next Easter and I'll get the scores up as soon as possible.

Cheers to you all.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975