Thread: Shooting glasses.

Shooting glasses.

Came by a pair of shooting glasses recently.

They have a blinder, a left hand side panel and a clear 23mm lens. I would like to change the lens for one a little less strong but with maybe a yellow tint?

Is this at all do-able?

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

Yes, it is. If your chosen optician oesn't have experience with shooting glasses they may need the old lens to get the new one to the right shape.

Prescription is typically distance + a bit; + 0.5 for rifle, and +.50 -/+.75 for pistol.

Here is the most recent thread: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hooting-frames

Many thanks for that

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

Dont worry about the missing right hand side panel. Side blinders are now banned so you can throw the left one away as well :-)

Dont worry about the missing right hand side panel. Side blinders are now banned so you can throw the left one away as well :-)
    Only under ISSF Rules. If the OP is shooting under NSRA or other rules then they are OK.

Rutty

BigEars Guest
    I got mine made at the local Spec Savers. I asked first about bringing the pistol in but there was no problem and they offered a tinted option. I had the lens the same day.

Just give your optician the lens holder and he will make you a prescription lens to fit and one that meets your focal length requirements.
    When my eyesight began to deteriorate my local optician made a lens to fit my Knobloch frames. Years later when I was having trouble getting a clear image I bought yellow and orange filters (optical quality) which clipped over the lens holder thus providing two additional levels of light reduction/image enhancement but using the same lens - cheaper than buying 3 different lenses!