Morning,

First time posting on the forum and could do with a little advice: I have started to practice 10m pistol shooting with a view to moving on next year to joining a club and getting into competitions.
I the past I have shot prone rifle as a junior and the last few years spent shooting skeet which I did quite well at, so I realise practice and dedication are paramount to success.

Currently using a FWB 65 on my 10m range in the garden which I managed to shoot a 540/600 last year and on a couple of separate occasion hit a pb of 96/100. I did promise myself if I could break 540 I would splash out and buy a new pcp, but unfortunately I lacked the funds at the time and lost motivation because of this.

However I started up again over the last couple of months, but only plugging in 86-88 as an av at the moment – but my ability to group shots has got much better. Concentrating on shooting 25 shots at a 10m target and trying to keep as many in the within the 9 ring as poss 14 is av, 18 the best so far.

So this year I will defiantly be upgrading to a pcp within the next couple of months once I have achieved 540 again even if I have to put it on a credit card!!

So if anyone has any feedback on clubs within my area I would be interested – Bedford and Sywell seem to be the most local.
Does Northamptonshire have a pistol team?
I have it in my mind that to do any good in this sport I must start hitting the 540 mark (or at least be comfortable that decent shots will be released within the 9 ring) before I try to upgrade my kit or enter any comps – are the parameters I have outlined for myself reasonable to ensure some success at club level?
Tending to look towards either a Styer LP10 or FWB P44 for the next step as they both seem to offer a high level of adjustability and their performance is without question.

Oh, and if anyone knows a good pistol coach to turn to in the future please let me know.