Thread: Rohm Twinmasters any good?

Rohm Twinmasters any good?

Hi there.
    Bit of backround. I am an ex Great Britian Junior Rifle Squad shooter but due to a back injury had to quit. I now coach with the National Scout Rifle Squad. I am looking to start shooting pistol as I have been trying this and have no pain when I do. I have been using a Twinmaster Top on loan but this has to go back. I am looking at the Twinmaster Match or the Twinmaster Sport at the moment, but mainly the Match. What I want to know is simply is it worth the money? Brand new the Match is £602.99 and the Sport is £566.81. Anyone own or tried these?
    Many thanks
    James

Hi,

I would personally wait for a second hand Steyr, Morini, Feinwerkbau or Walther. Even if just a little more money, as they will serve you well for decades and still retain their value if you want to move on to something else.

All the above will have far higher build quality and a very decent quality trigger compared with the Rohm.

You need to try a few at a club if possible so you can see what fits you the best. A lighter or short version may help if you have had previous back problems.

HTH

Mark

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    This one's gone now, but it's the sort of quality you'd get from the ones Cones mentioned.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....P34-Large-Grip

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread but I have the option of buying a Rohm Twinmaster Top for £350. I am a beginner to the sport and have tried this pistol in addition to trying a steyr LP5, a Baikal IZH-46M and a webley alecto (which i did not enjoy) in my first three sessions. I got all my shots in black where i felt confident with the shot. The weapon is virtually in brand new condition, the gentleman who purchased it did not find it suited his needs.

the grip felt perfect and I enjoy the cocking action (i've read criticism of the fact the pellet is not directly loaded). I'd like to know how long it will take me to 'out-shoot' the pistol and aim for a new steyr or its ilk, obviously given a degree of skill and the dedication I plan to put into the sport. Also whether a pistol of this type will hold its value, months or years down the line given plenty of use in the meantime.

Thanks for your help
    Sat

I have a Twinmaster Top, and am still tweaking the set up after nearly a year.

I do use it as I also shot 10m 5 shot. However, I am still getting higher scores with my Gamo Compact.

I paid around £270 for mine, and I will get their eventually.

If you are serious about target shooting, and intend to keep the gun, then I would follow the advice of Mark and aim a but higher quality.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    I have a single shot Sport, tweaked to over 5fpe for winter league shoots out to 25 yards. It is great for that, very accurate and lovely to shoot. That said, I bought mine second hand, and am happy that it was well worth the money. I'm not sure if I would buy one new. For that sort of money, I would buy used again, but perhaps something else.

For 2nd hand prices, I think that they are very good value though. Easy enough to work on, don't bother with a new one, save the cash.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Another vote for Mr Cones advice...I've tried cheap and expensive and you can't beat the quality pistols...buy secondhand and if you're not comfortable with it you'll get your money back when you sell.
    I love my Morini short!!!
    Eric.

I'd go with cones advice.

When I was after a pcp pistol after I gave up ft, I had the option of a rohm match and a steyr lp5... no need to guess which one I bought.

For single-shot use I would only go for the Rohm Match as fiddling with the safety switch on all the other models is just too irritating. I've currently got a Rohm Competitor for pistol HFT (okay, I pay trade prices) and I think it'll be fine once Nick has uprated it. But I think the advice to go for a used high-end gun is probably good.

I have inherited a Twinmaster Co2 which I'm using for 10m target shooting currently but I have been advised that PCP would be best for future competitive shooting.

I understand there is a Co2 to PCP conversion kit for the Twinmaster. Has anyone any opinion on whether it's worth converting or simply selling the pistol and looking for a second hand Steyr, FWB, etc...

Thanks,

Nick

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by AirSapper View Post
    I understand there is a Co2 to PCP conversion kit for the Twinmaster. Has anyone any opinion on whether it's worth converting....
    Save your money Nick - it won't help the crappy trigger.....

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AirSapper View Post
    I have inherited a Twinmaster Co2 which I'm using for 10m target shooting currently but I have been advised that PCP would be best for future competitive shooting.

I understand there is a Co2 to PCP conversion kit for the Twinmaster. Has anyone any opinion on whether it's worth converting or simply selling the pistol and looking for a second hand Steyr, FWB, etc...

Thanks,

Nick
    Hi Nick I converted mine the first winter I had it. I've no complaints about my Twinmaster although I now find it a bit light and am thinking about barrel weights. One guy in the club is currently producing regular cloverleafs at 10m with his.

The Rohm Twinmaster Trainer is one on my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Hi Nick I converted mine the first winter I had it. I've no complaints about my Twinmaster although I now find it a bit light and am thinking about barrel weights. One guy in the club is currently producing regular cloverleafs at 10m with his.
    Thanks BigEars.

Someone in my club has a PCP version so I'm going to play with that before I take the plunge.

I'm using the screw-in weights which fit to the trigger guard which definitely helps.

The trigger definitely needs some playing with though, its horrible compared to my HW97K rifle!

Nick