Thread: FWB 90 and Original mod 6 valuation

FWB 90 and Original mod 6 valuation

Hi,
    Hope I've posted this in the right forum as I'm a newbie.

I've decided to sort out some pistols that I've had hanging around for a while. They are ones I had when I was new to shooting as a teenager and kept them for nostalgic reasons but now I need the space (and the money for a new pistol) The problem is I have no idea of their value, so I was wondering if anyone could put me in the right direction:

They are an original model 6 (1982) and a model 6M (1983). They both still work but require a bit of TLC asthetically - there are several paint chips.

The third pistol is a FWB model 90 with electronic trigger. Again this has had a fair bit of use but it works fine and has just had a new battery. This had also got the instruction manual. There are again some paint chips missing and the grip has had a wooden extension put on the palm shelf to make the grips smaller (I have very small hands!).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
    Basky

The price for the two Model 6 pistols can vary a lot with the condition, and if they have the one piece plastic grip, but without any pictures it is difficult to be too accurate about the prices, but given your description I would guess at about £50 - £100 each at very best.

An almost mint and boxed later model 6G with anatomical grips sold here for £150 a couple of weeks ago. This pistol also had the wooden anatomcal grips as well as the original moulded plastic grip and the instruction leaflet and can be seen on www.bobsairguns.com . click on pistol/spring powered/model6G to see some pictures of this actual pistol - clicking on any picture give a full screen view.

Given this I think maybe the prices I quoted above are on the high side.

The FWB Model 90 is a pistol I have been tempted to buy many times over the years, but the electronic trigger has been known to be troublesome and although some are still working perfectly - others are not and are either difficult/expensive or impossible to get fixed.

If yours is working well, and not in A1 condition ( but with handbook) I would guess at £250 as being a fair price - but given the unpopularity of the pistol when new and that there are not so many left that are still working well - to the right buyer it could fetch more.......again some pictures would help greatly in giving a better price guide.

The grip modification needs to be seen, but if when removed the original grip is left damaged in any way, it would reduce the value as new grips for these are getting impossible to find and will reduce the value significantly to between £100 and £150 - and thats only if you can find a buyer who wants to shoot it and does not mind a damaged grip rather than a collector who would probably not be so keen to buy it at all.
    Last edited by zooma; 30-08-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I recently paid £75 posted for a good condition Model 6G.

As the postage was about £9, this makes it about a £65 gun.

I got it a bit cheaper as it needed resealing.

I have see good condition ones, seals in tact, for £100 - £120.

As zooma said, it's all done to condition.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Thank you for the advice (sorry it's taken so long for the reply, we've been on our hols!).

I suspect my pistols are worth towards the cheaper end of the spectrum as they have been boxed for so long. I just have to get myself organised and get some photos taken!

Thanks Again.