Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgun Matador R3 in .25 cal.

Smile Edgun Matador R3 in .25 cal.

Hi all,

Today I bought myself an Edgun Matador R3 Long. The version in .25 cal. It produces 54 ftp / 73 Joule with JSB Exact King. Nice gun!

ATB
    emi
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

We will be interested how it performs. Very few Edguns over here especially in fac.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Ted'sholdover (EdgunUSA on YouTube) has just received the R3 in .25 so there should be a review on his channel in the near future.

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    anybody importing these yet
    i am obsessed with the lelya

Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    anybody importing these yet
    i am obsessed with the lelya
    You can get them here.

ATB
    emi

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    ouch

Edgun Morana don't know if it's in production.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

jonezy25 is offline Over 1200 posts and still haven't got one
    Have they started producing a multishot version yet?? I love the look, style, and accuracy of these guns, but no multishot that i've seen.

I am not worried if it is in single shot would love to get an Edgun. Is there a UK importer yet?
    Tom.
    HW100KT,FX Verminator,X2 Merlyn
    BSA Superstar,FX Dream Tac Compact,Browning Maxus,Browning O/U,Miroku SbS, Hw97k,HW98,BSA R10, Zbroia Kozac FC.

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade over this but the truth is that even at FAC level it isn't as good as the Rapid or any of the other leading makes. I tried one at Bisley and was underwhelmed to say the least and that was BEFORE I heard how much the chap had paid for it. Then I was totally shocked. Honestly I think I'd rather have an Air Arms S410 in FAC than an Edgun. They are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. The only positive thing to say is that you would almost certainly be the only person in your club who owns one.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

jonezy25 is offline Over 1200 posts and still haven't got one
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Sorry to rain on anyone's parade over this but the truth is that even at FAC level it isn't as good as the Rapid or any of the other leading makes. I tried one at Bisley and was underwhelmed to say the least and that was BEFORE I heard how much the chap had paid for it. Then I was totally shocked. Honestly I think I'd rather have an Air Arms S410 in FAC than an Edgun. They are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. The only positive thing to say is that you would almost certainly be the only person in your club who owns one.
    The sad reality of it is though nick, it's like rapids, out of the box they are not the best rifles for the money, but if you tune a rapid, or get it tuned by someone, they are extremely good! It's the same as the edguns, not the best out of the box but tuned! Whole different ball game, i like watching the ted's holdover channel on youtube, he has a tuned edgun matador, it is a supergun.

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy25 View Post
    The sad reality of it is though nick, it's like rapids, out of the box they are not the best rifles for the money, but if you tune a rapid, or get it tuned by someone, they are extremely good! It's the same as the edguns, not the best out of the box but tuned! Whole different ball game, i like watching the ted's holdover channel on youtube, he has a tuned edgun matador, it is a supergun.
    I don't agree with you on this. Out of the box I think the Rapid is the BEST rifle for the money in the same way that I think the AA S400 series represents the best VALUE for money on the market today. The Edgun I tried was working fine too so 'tuning' wasn't my first concern. Of course tuning improves most things but you don't address the large difference in price between a standard Rapid and an Edgun. That surely is the most important thing because tuning is only done to rectify faults or shortcomings present in the standard item. I certainly don't spend extra money for the sake of it and definitely not just for bragging rights at my club! I expect the forking thing to be right at the outset and any money I spend after that has got to make a real difference to performance. Also to get work done on an Edgun I suggest would be a lot more trouble than getting work done on a Rapid.
    I don't actually agree with you on the Rapid 'out of the box'. OK it is a long time since I bought a new Rapid but my recollection is that both of mine-FAC Mark 1 and FAC Mark 2-were first class from the first shot to the last. Later on I had my Mk 1 regulated by Ben Taylor which improved the shot count enormously but the Mk 2 with fast flow was so good I didn't spend the extra money on having it regulated. Was spending 25% extra on my Mark 1 to gain 90 shots per fill against 50 from the fast flow worth it? Technically yes but would I do it now? Probably not. These days I buy second hand and expect to have to do some work but generally speaking I find that I don't.
    Rapids for me every time-but I think you knew that anyway!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I don't agree with you on this. Out of the box I think the Rapid is the BEST rifle for the money in the same way that I think the AA S400 series represents the best VALUE for money on the market today. The Edgun I tried was working fine too so 'tuning' wasn't my first concern. Of course tuning improves most things but you don't address the large difference in price between a standard Rapid and an Edgun. That surely is the most important thing because tuning is only done to rectify faults or shortcomings present in the standard item. I certainly don't spend extra money for the sake of it and definitely not just for bragging rights at my club! I expect the forking thing to be right at the outset and any money I spend after that has got to make a real difference to performance. Also to get work done on an Edgun I suggest would be a lot more trouble than getting work done on a Rapid.
    I don't actually agree with you on the Rapid 'out of the box'. OK it is a long time since I bought a new Rapid but my recollection is that both of mine-FAC Mark 1 and FAC Mark 2-were first class from the first shot to the last. Later on I had my Mk 1 regulated by Ben Taylor which improved the shot count enormously but the Mk 2 with fast flow was so good I didn't spend the extra money on having it regulated. Was spending 25% extra on my Mark 1 to gain 90 shots per fill against 50 from the fast flow worth it? Technically yes but would I do it now? Probably not. These days I buy second hand and expect to have to do some work but generally speaking I find that I don't.
    Rapids for me every time-but I think you knew that anyway!
    i think i sold you my mk1 rapid 17. how are you getting on with it?

Hi,

I own some Air Arms, Theobens and an Edgun R3 Matador Long in.25.

Choosing which one is the best is a very personal thing. To me, I think, it's my Theoben Rapid MkII in .25.

ATB
    emi
    Last edited by 100m airgun; 26-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100m airgun View Post
    Hi,
    Choosing which one is the best is a very personal thing. To me, I think, it's my Theoben Rapid MkII in .25.

ATB
    emi
    Hi emi(rto)

I like my R3 2 !
    But I like my Mk2 more like you. THEOBEN RULES ! !