Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
I don't agree with you on this. Out of the box I think the Rapid is the BEST rifle for the money in the same way that I think the AA S400 series represents the best VALUE for money on the market today. The Edgun I tried was working fine too so 'tuning' wasn't my first concern. Of course tuning improves most things but you don't address the large difference in price between a standard Rapid and an Edgun. That surely is the most important thing because tuning is only done to rectify faults or shortcomings present in the standard item. I certainly don't spend extra money for the sake of it and definitely not just for bragging rights at my club! I expect the forking thing to be right at the outset and any money I spend after that has got to make a real difference to performance. Also to get work done on an Edgun I suggest would be a lot more trouble than getting work done on a Rapid.
I don't actually agree with you on the Rapid 'out of the box'. OK it is a long time since I bought a new Rapid but my recollection is that both of mine-FAC Mark 1 and FAC Mark 2-were first class from the first shot to the last. Later on I had my Mk 1 regulated by Ben Taylor which improved the shot count enormously but the Mk 2 with fast flow was so good I didn't spend the extra money on having it regulated. Was spending 25% extra on my Mark 1 to gain 90 shots per fill against 50 from the fast flow worth it? Technically yes but would I do it now? Probably not. These days I buy second hand and expect to have to do some work but generally speaking I find that I don't.
Rapids for me every time-but I think you knew that anyway!
i think i sold you my mk1 rapid 17. how are you getting on with it?