Thread: sending a air rifle

sending a air rifle

what options are available to posting a air rifle to someone,,,prices etc?

At present, Royal Mail Special Delivery, if the size is within their limits, Royal Mail Standard Parcels, but there is no longer an option to increase the standard £46 insurance limit, Parcel Force or Courier.

For details and prices for Royal Mail and Parcel Force, go to their web sites.

thank you

To add to Troubledshooter's post, just be aware that if you use Parcelforce their terms expressly forbid the carriage of airguns on behalf of non-account holders. This means that there is no valid insurance if it gets lost or damaged and if they discover an airgun in their network they may return it to the sender and make a charge for its safe return. That said, they do carry sporting guns for RFDs so you may be able to argue it out in the event of a disaster/discovery.

At present there is no legal way for individuals to post airguns other than by Royal Mail. If you haven't already responded to Royal Mail's consultation on banning even this option, please do so - info on how to do it HERE. The more of us that object, the more likely the post regulator Ofcom will step in and block it.
    Last edited by Garvin; 28-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

TNT can carry them, i had a chat with them prior to sending one off myself and as long as you tell them whats in the package, make model etc then it all fine, dont need to have account either.
    They deliver shotgun shells to my local range and when i had a chat with the driver he said that when they are carrying things like guns,shell etc that is the only class of items on the vehicle.

"MY HERMES" carry airguns and they are a lot cheaper than post office charges at least two well known RFD's use them and they have never been let down by them.I was well impressed by their service
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]