Hi, I have the possibility of purchasing an alleged virtually unused Rohm Twinmaster Top pcp with additional CO2 cartridge, 3x 8 shot mags and the all-important single shot mag which I use, open sights of course. I've been shooting now for two weeks and amassed a 4 card score of 170 on tuesday last which i was quite chuffed with (i've been using this gentleman's gun on loan).

I purchased some pellets from the club and found them to be 4.49mm JSB Match Diabolo most of which i got my score with (first card had two inner 10s using the pellets the chap had in the case (no idea on specifics of those pellets).

I have the opportunity to to purchase this weapon for £350, my question being, with the date code on the pcp cartridge indicating that it was made in 2008 and me being a total novice should i part with this cash in the hope it will serve me for a year or so and hold most of its value before I buy a Steyr or Morini (forgive the naivety on my part in this sentence but I plan on taking this sport very seriously) or perhaps try and haggle the price down to £300 because i'm a tight yorkshireman. I believe equivocally the gentleman who owns this pistol has put less than a tin of pellets through it.

in summary:

1. How many years will it take to out-shoot my weapon?
2. Are 4.49mm diabolo ok with the TM Top?
3. Am I being daft looking for a reduction in price would one of you gents jump at this pistol at this price?

4. Can one really out-shoot their weapon or are we just looking for excuses to up our game

Kind regards
Sat