Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'second hand' Rohm Twinmaster Top (SSDD)

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Just seen your post about finding a new one for close to £350. Best snap that up pronto, as they mostly sell new for around the £460-470 mark. I've seen some retailers asking silly money - over £600

£300-350 would, to me, seem reasonable for a good to excellent 2nd hand buy.
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by satyris View Post
    Thank you all very much for your help, the problem being I think i've fallen in love with my Austrian girlfriend, she's a bit slow, Harvey you were correct, 420fps with a 500mg pellet (7.81gr), there's only one stage to the trigger and testing it with the 500g weight she feels a bit on the heavy side (more like 650g trigger pull) so this heavy Austrian bird is sweet talking me to purchase her but would you believe i've found a brand brand new one for not a lot more, so this chap selling me it can forget three fifty and come Tuesday I will probably offer him £100 less.

I know these things hold their value but i feel i'd be taken for a ride at £350. if there is no budge on the price, I will probably go for the new one!

Thanks again for your help

Sat
    It sounds like you have fallen for this gun, and if that is the case you will get much better with practice using a gun that you really like. Best of luck!

Red face

I'm really overwhelmed by the amount of help and and support you chaps (and perhaps ladies?!?) have given me on this matter, I rung the supplier of the 'cheap' new Twinmaster Tops and surprise surprise they are sold out (note i'm not mentioning the supplier). I'm going to offer them money up front to try reserve my pistol if/when they get any more stock in!!

Thanks again for your help chaps, just want my weapon and full club access so I can shoot everyday (10,000 hours of practice between now and 2020) Wish me luck! lol

Sat

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I'm really overwhelmed by the amount of help and and support you chaps (and perhaps ladies?!?) have given me on this matter, I rung the supplier of the 'cheap' new Twinmaster Tops and surprise surprise they are sold out (note i'm not mentioning the supplier). I'm going to offer them money up front to try reserve my pistol if/when they get any more stock in!!
    Sat
    Walther bought Rohm to shut the factory & kill the product, new stock or parts are now highly unlikely
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Walther bought Rohm to shut the factory & kill the product, new stock or parts are now highly unlikely
    Have you got a link to any more details about this? That's not good news
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Both Walther and Rohm are owned by Umarex already (Walther since 1993 and Rohm since 2010)....
    Last edited by harvey_s; 03-09-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Just a quick update: the gentleman, perfectly within his rights, declined to budge one inch on his £350 asking price second-hand four year old virtually unused Twinmaster Top.

I am yet to hear back about stock from the company allegedly selling new for 380 and I am desperate to get on with this weapon so have agreed to pay the full amount going on feedback from you good folk. It's firing a 7.8125 grain pellet at 420m/s. It may need tuning up and I believe there is a chap in Yorkshire who provides this service if necessary.

Thanks again for your help everyone

Mark

Just a quick update: the gentleman, perfectly within his rights, declined to budge one inch on his £350 asking price second-hand four year old virtually unused Twinmaster Top.

I am yet to hear back about stock from the company allegedly selling new for 380 and I am desperate to get on with this weapon so have agreed to pay the full amount going on feedback from you good folk. It's firing a 7.8125 grain pellet at 420m/s. It may need tuning up and I believe there is a chap in Yorkshire who provides this service if necessary.

Thanks again for your help everyone

Mark
    I hope you mean feet per second!!!!

If its consistent at that velocity I would be happy and not touch it further.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Both Walther and Rohm are owned by Umarex already (Walther since 1993 and Rohm since 2010)....
    The information was passed to me from within the trade, maybe it was bum info, Rohm's corporate site only has a 2010 catalogue on it though??
    Do you have info indicating Twinmasters are currently in production?

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Rohms are not on the BAR site at the present moment.

I believe Walther hope to see their market increase by killing the Rohm brand, surely that's not really competition, more like asassination?

The Top is a good entry level PCP target pistol.

I shoot mine every week, though it has taken me a while to tweak it.

I am currently using RWS R10s, 4.5mm 7.0g.

I have yet to try the 4.49mm, but I doubt I'd notice any difference.

However, I am aware that many use the 8.2g rifle in pistols to good effect.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I hope you mean feet per second!!!!
    nah, its the new fully auto bump fire chambered in 7.62×51mm NATO.

Just an update for you guys, I found a shop in Buckinghamshire selling a new 'unused' 'second-hand' 'weapon' for £365 including shipping, paid by credit card so I can add it to my rising debt amount (and stimulate the economy?!) and paying £20 for RFD collection from York Guns. I feel a bit bad for messing this chap around but was disappointed he didn't wish to even barter with me. I found an RFD willing to accept it for £10 but 50 mile round trip is petrol money and my time. hope this one stands up to the high standards I have come to know and love from the one I've been using

Regarding killing off the brand, I was under the impression that suppliers are under obligation to provide spares etc for a certain period after being bought out like that. but who knows.

Mark

I've just been looking at the Walther site and this appears to be the fate of Rohm, Laser guns.
    Whatever doesn't kill you, is going to leave a scar... A Crip With A Gun!
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

The information was passed to me from within the trade, maybe it was bum info, Rohm's corporate site only has a 2010 catalogue on it though??
    Do you have info indicating Twinmasters are currently in production?
    All Umarex products are now distributed here by Armex (as I expect you know) and that includes Rohm. I'll have a word with them today to see what the situation is. We've still got a couple in stock (somewhere) and don't want to get stuck with them.

Later, I've just spoken to Armex and it seems I was wrong and it does not include Rohm. The person I spoke to said they didn't have the contract for Rohm yet and had also heard the 'kill-off' rumour.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 10-09-2012 at 09:29 AM.