Thread: 'second hand' Rohm Twinmaster Top (SSDD)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by satyris View Post
    Thank you for your help guys, especially Harvey, i've got 165 and 168 from 4 cards each tonight so I'm really really torn. I've pledged that on tuesday I will write the guy a cheque for the twinmaster for £350 but you've thrown so much in the air and so much I need to think about an balance with my funds/funding. I'm going to seek private funding* to help me buy a new weapon like you suggest and in the mean time try and negotiate a price more in the £270 range that I might not lose money on when it becomes time to move up.
    Nowt to do with me, but might be worth a PM to this chap first to see how close your £350 gets you.... http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Whats-it-worth

Have you ever had any coaching in the sport of pistol shooting and have you found it any use or have all your improvements come from personal research and experience?
    If you can get it, good coaching is worth having definitely, as skilled observation can point out small flaws in your technique that can otherwise go un-noticed for years.
    A chance conversation between our coach and one of the countrys top international shooters resulted in me tweaking my trigger position which seems to have helped my consistancy no end and their conversation wasn't even intended for me

also chrono'd the Top at 2.8 ft/lbs which is kinda low powered is it not?
    Sounds a bit low to me. I don't know what this particular gun should be putting out as standard, but I'm guessing this works out around the 400 fps mark or less which is powerful enough to put a hole in the card alright - but may be tearing the holes rather than punching them.
    All the top flight guns will be pushing that lil' 'ol pellet down the barrel at about 500 fps to keep the lock time as short as possible.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 01-09-2012 at 09:25 AM.