Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: folding springer?

folding springer?

just had an odd idea a folding stock and barrel springer would this be possible if so has any one done it? i have a sort of idea how to but wonder if any one has done it?

Venom Excel TDR, made in the mid-'90s. PM me for a scan of an article about it if you want.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

i was more thinking with out removing the barrel but along the lines of that

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Venom Excel TDR, made in the mid-'90s. PM me for a scan of an article about it if you want.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Was that based on a Webley hawk? The block and barrels look more of a Mk1 set up but without the locating peg. Is it a Mk 3 that they played around with the block and barrel on?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

It's a Vulcan series type action -, as it says, the Excel

my idea was a folding stock like on the venom but then using a wing nut on where the cocking arm meets the breech block so you could unscrew it in seconds and fold the barrel round

ha!,i can mind seeing that
    i did something similar with a victor as a sprog,poorly drilled pegs so i could refit the rear stock to the pistol grip
    i can also recall it falling off during cocking and smacking me in the chin...happy days

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I think Norica did a collapsible stocked springer IIRC.

I remember reading an article where someone fitted a Sterling SMG stock to an old Webley.

Look up johnjayrambo on YouTube. Survival airgun or air rifle.

https://youtu.be/L4jXFaMb7AQ

Or his other one https://youtu.be/V-triu8c4CQ
    He even has how to videos 😲
    Last edited by bighit; 17-06-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Folding barrel would be interesting.
    I had considered something on those line back when i had access to a machine shop but decided it was beyond my skill to pull off.
    I was considering a compound hinge for the barrel and setting up the cocking link run like a T-slot over a stud so you could disengage the piston with a push button on the side of the stock thereby allowing you to fold the barrel right back to the trigger guard. when the link was engaged the travel would be self limited by the piston travel and work like a regular break barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I think Norica did a collapsible stocked springer IIRC.
    Norica Comando (correct spelling). Had a sliding stock (very vaguely like an MP5A3 one) and a camo-painted wood stock with a black plastic pistol grip.

Then there was the Chinese B3 sidelever variant that used a side-folder and looked a bit like an AK.

I have a vague idea that there is a rare variant of the Gamo68 “Paratrooper” with a side-folder. But I may be hallucinating.

Didn't Tim Finley of Airgun World magazine have a folding springer??.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Then there was the Chinese B3 sidelever variant that used a side-folder and looked a bit like an AK.
    Got a couple of those in the collection - .177 & .22 - not 'high power', somewhere around the 6 fpe mark, surprisingly accurate with the right pellets though. Also there was a variant available in the USA that had an under folding stock, though not seen one over here.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post
    I remember reading an article where someone fitted a Sterling SMG stock to an old Webley.
    I think you're going back to the old S.W.A.T. magazine from the 1980's, I remember reading the article and wanting to do the same.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in