Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FX Verminator Mk2 0.177" 12ft lbs

Just to put it here for ref
    heres what you need ot do to take the action out of the stock its not as straight fwds as the single stock bolt implies

first remove the rear Bottle/butt stock

then use a 14mm socket to take out the filler stalk ( its just hand tight like the bottle is its the same fitting you could put an front cylinder if you liked )

then you need to undo the trigger shoe which is a tiny allen key

now as my sone has currently misplaced that allen key no more piccys yet

you can then undo the stock bolt between the trigger and the pressure guage and then lift out the action remembering to catch the trigger shoe as you lift

refit is the reverse remember to put the shoe on as you drop back in (a bipod really helps )

and just snug the filler stalk in with the socket

------------------------------------------

And heres the barrel off bit

with the scope off ( on mine ) you need to loosed the front center 2 screws in the front rail block ( the rear larger grub screw is a blanking plug which is locktited in )
    on the left in this pic

then simply pull the barrel out its just push fit , I do this with the bolt cocked back

To refit just push back home makeing sure the grub screw marks are up ( so the transfer port in the barrel lines up with the action port )

and re tighten the screws this is just a snug up tight

if your not sure of alignment remove the rear blanking grub screw and you should see a dot mark in the brass this should be centeral to the hole as its oposite the transfer port hole

ATB

Duncan
    Last edited by FGYT; 01-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Excellent Duncan Photos and walk-through,

This will be invaluable to anyone with
    Problems, Wanting to Thoroughly clean after a wet night Hunting or wanting to Modify their Mk2

Spot on Sir,

Kind regards and Happy hunting
    Rapid mk2 in 22cal, Oiled Walnut CS700 Thumbhole Stock, Scalloped Block, MK4 Trigger, Quick Fill,Fast Flowed 400cc Btl, 16" Barrel, Reflex AWT Silencer MFR .177 Hawke Vamint 2.5-10x44 - Needs 2nd Magazine Yet

Quote Originally Posted by leswhinn View Post
    Excellent Duncan Photos and walk-through,

This will be invaluable to anyone with
    Problems, Wanting to Thoroughly clean after a wet night Hunting or wanting to Modify their Mk2

Spot on Sir,

Kind regards and Happy hunting
    always best to put info up in the Net for every body some one may have a better idea

I will do a video at some point when Ive got time etc

now Ive got a new 300bar bottle and my ancient combro working and several makes of pellet I can get some propper Geek shooting done

Hi Duncan glad the hair curlers help a bit , it did on mine . I have been thinking over a little mod but you may help with it I read that the filler probe on the .22 and .177 are the same so could you fit a .22 barrel on it for times you need it ?? Any thoughts would be good looked on the web but no answers . Regards Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jmc1 View Post
    Hi Duncan glad the hair curlers help a bit , it did on mine . I have been thinking over a little mod but you may help with it I read that the filler probe on the .22 and .177 are the same so could you fit a .22 barrel on it for times you need it ?? Any thoughts would be good looked on the web but no answers . Regards Jon

Do you mean the pellet probe ?? this one is 4.4mm dia I cant see how that would work for a 22 cal and still have a seal

I have no problem with the 177 cal for me 22 is a step backwards i'm guessing you mean it used less air so less to silence however to do that i would need to turn the power down i would expect if i changed just the barrel and probe to 22 it would be over 12ft lbs and this is a PITA to alter the power its not got anti tamper but you have undo some bits that may not got back on air tight easily to get at the hammer adjustment.

now Ive played with the baffles its nice and quiet

just which pellet now AA 4.52 look good and so do the second tin of JSB if you fish out the dented ones still the odd flier

Also trying the daystate Li at 7.9gr and the Falcon AP at 7.44gr they are ok but nothing special on group size with a few fliers

ATB

Duncan

more trouble than it's worth then Duncan , was lookin around the other night and say a kit for America that had changeable barrel and a spear gun thing totally mad but the .22 barrel would be good sometimes . Think it was called the verminater extreme !! Google it totally mad . All the best jmc

Verminator MK2 Huggett

Hi,

Thats a nice looking bit of kit you have created for yourself there.
    Looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into it.

The Huggett sound moderator is the only way to go now.

Update

Have downgraded the scope to a Hawke 6-24 x 56 mainly to give better FOV when using Night Vision add on

HAve uprated the DIY Night Vision E700 Camera and used Wireless to remove the attachment of the gun to the body
    Pouch fits in the breast pocket with battery and receiver

Fitted a T20 light with 3 mode 940nm IR (nite-tek Marky610) and fitted a Yukon Ranger lens means i can use the Scope on full 24mag out to usefull ranges but with the 3 mode and the Zoom head still use at low mag at close range ratting etc

Verminator II

Fantastic looking set up..! Very keen on the verminator 2.

Roughly how much does the set up weigh all together?

Cool

I have the smooth twist 22 version and it's damn accurate, possibly the most accurate gun I own, I modded my shroud and made an end can and it's pretty quiet, I would love to do a back to back with a hugget as they are highly regarded with my sound meter
    Huntsman Classic. bsar10 .ripley hog.hw45 177. skan r32. 22 . falcon fn12tw 22. logun s16evo 177. HW100 22. bsa xl tactical 25. fac custom rapid 177. fac custom ranger 22. mosberg pump. sako finfire rimmi.SIG 522. anie hmr. .STEYR AUG 223. tactical scout 243

Baffles

Try rolling a section of dense thin foam or felt (so that the edges of the foam or felt meet and all line up at the top) around each baffle to mimic the dampening effect the same material does in the HW Silencers or Hogun Decimeater... The curlers will diffuse the crack of muzzle report and the foam will dampen the post baffle sound even further compared to the harsh steel resonance of the current un-dampened tube

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Looking good, every secret agent should have one, and I should get their ray gun!

James

rifle

very nice fella have fun ps the ball baring blade is still lovely mate