I have just had a gun back that is "DEAD".

After examination I found the battery was completely discharged and had been left in on in the "off safe" position with the isolation switch on. This had completely drained the battery over the course of a few weeks.

Just leaving the gun on charge overnight restored the gun to its previous working condition.

The symptoms of a deeply discharged gun are:

1. No light and will not fire (obvious)

2. Nothing happens initially when the charger is plugged in.

3. Over the course of a few tens of minutes of charging the LEDs flicker and then flash regularly. This indicates that there is enough voltage in the battery for the electronics to function correctly and the gun is charging normally.

If this ever happens to you, please do not panic, just simply plug the charger in and leave overnight and the gun will be restored to perfect working order in the morning. None of the programmed settings will be lost and the battery is designed to survive deep discharge cycles without damage (in fact it might be even slightly beneficial, even though NiMh batteries do not suffer from memory effect).

I rather think that this has happened on a few occasions in the past where units have been returned to me with flat batteries and no fault found after charging.

Just to remind owners that the gun will go into a low current sleep mode and will flash and beep if left on without firing for 15 minutes. It will stay in this mode for weeks, depending on the initial charge capacity left after shooting.

Please remember to switch the isolation switch off when putting the gun away, it is safer and could save you the frustration of waiting overnight for the gun to charge.

David