Thread: Pietta\Uberti Revolvers

Pietta\Uberti Revolvers

I know they are airguns but this being the pistol forum and there being others of a similar disposition I thought it best posted here.

I've been after a decent Western revolver for ages, now the TAC guns are out of the question and as there doesn't seem to be anything else airgun wise that is easily obtainable or fits the bill I've been thinking of getting one of the Pietta or Uberti guns, maybe a SAA or a Navy Colt or something, theres plenty to choose from.

The guns themselves look great on pictures but I've not seen one first hand, has anyone handled one and can verify the quality??? Also, I imagine that they are side venting which is suits me fine, but have they got any kind of stupid red barrel plug or something that ruins the look?? The gun itself will be a wallhanger and probably never used but I would like a nice one and I don't want any silly bits ruining the look.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

What about a Crosman SA6, or one of the others in the range? Does that not fit the bill?

Ian

The SA6 is a nice pistol and is also on my list (Any pellet firing revolver with a full revolving cylinder gets my interest), and if the opportunity presents itself I would certainly buy one, however I am after a high quality replica more than anything else.

you dont have to have them painted stupid colour's if you buy them off gunstar, i dont know about new havent seen alot, they are worth it though i have one real and a couple of fake .22 short blank one's if you just want looks go for a cheap one i picked one up for £35 on gunstar with a missing grip and i got a new one in 2 days and know its fully working

Quote Originally Posted by customcrosshair View Post
    you dont have to have them painted stupid colour's if you buy them off gunstar, i dont know about new havent seen alot, they are worth it though i have one real and a couple of fake .22 short blank one's if you just want looks go for a cheap one i picked one up for £35 on gunstar with a missing grip and i got a new one in 2 days and know its fully working
    VCR doesn't apply to older replicas so I know I can appreciated the case hardened goodness with a Uberti\Pietta!

What makes are yours ??

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    With all the air pistol / airsoft versions of modern automatic pistols, you'd think there'd be more on the market for SA revolvers.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

They aren't cheap, so I wouldn't expect anyone to fork out so much money for a blank gun that didn't look authentic.

Why don't you phone one of the retailers that sells them eg. T and J J Macavoy, Henry Krank, etc. and ask?

Years ago I had one of the Uberti Colt Peacemaker tacs from Michael Tawn. Never liked the tac system but the gun was beautifully made and a pleasure to look at.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

They aren't cheap, so I wouldn't expect anyone to fork out so much money for a blank gun that didn't look authentic.
    This is my thinking, I am certain they look authentic, I am certain that they are of the highest quality, however I don't want to fall foul of the law and end up spending £300 on something with a red peice of plastic sticking out of the end or even worse, a hastily spray painted muzzle.

I am going to ring Mcavoys, but I was just wondering if anyone had actually seen one in the flesh.

I have an 1851 SA Colt blank firer. There's no maker's name on it. It vents under the barrel. The brass and blued steel are lovely quality, the hammer and rammer are case-hardened. The only niggle for me is that the grips are slightly different colours. It's a lovely piece; I'd say almost as good as the Uberti/Pietta Brococks I have. I don't fire it - it's too bloody loud!

Just in case anyone is interested I had a look at a couple of these revolvers today and they are absolutely lovely, the price tag is fully justified.

I was gutted to find red paint in the end of the barrel though, I didn't think there was any rules like this for replicas from this period.

Really need to think about this one.