Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big thank you to Dave @ HRPC

Hi Mike,

I would be all for trying to sort things out so that our boys could possibly shoot the Sifht. I don't see why it couldn't work for some of our lads wanting to shoot it as they just want to shoot for fun! I mean you don't see Man Utd saying to Man City that you can't play in the premier league because they are from the same city or with any other sports with clubs close to each other! But when it comes to try and sort things out it all boils down to what's best suited to the hawks on their terms and we are supposed to just bend over and take it? That's where I think it's a bit wrong!

Atb

Steve
    HW100 T, Remington 700 .243
    CZ452 Silhouette .22lr, CZ452 .17HMR
    Beretta 686 White Onyx

RE SiHFT: thats because the Hawks are the recognised team, it's as simple as that.
    Without digging up all the stuff from the past again lets just leave it at that shall we, you & HRPC have made your decision, we at Horsham Hawks made ours.

Can anybody shed some light?

Hi all,

I too have seen this post with amazement. There is no such thing as a recognized club. There are just clubs.

I would love to hear a rational explanation from somebody who is allowed to compete in the sihft, why hrpc cannot shoot.

Shooting is a sport, it's fun. It should be every shooters goal to get better and better while having a bit of fun along the way. Surely having a club banned from competition does nothing for the sport. If hrpc joined the sihft, it would add some great and not so great shooters (like myself) to the pool, and can only be good for competition. My understanding is that the hawks were a part of hrpc, and decided to leave and set up on their own, which is perfectly fine, so hrpc set up their own hft section so that those members who wanted to shoot could do so. I don't think that one club can claim their sole right to be the only club in a village. That's a little to much like little Britain for me!!!

Since I see that mr L has banned written below his name, would somebody else like to give a valid reason? I cannot understand why this is the case.

Simply put I think that a lot more shooters could gain from a little more maturity and constructive postings on this thread, especially from leaders of clubs.

I look forward to be educated.

Cheers

Before we get any more knee-jerk reactions.

I cannot comment on what has happened between Hawks and HRPC because it is simply nothing to do with me or anyone else outside those clubs and should stay that way.

I know that there have been a number of moves to try and reconcile the two clubs but I don't know the details(see above) These are not public debates and should remain as such. As these discussions are not public, anyone other than those directly involved in them should not attempt to speculate as to what the issues are.

Regardless of the above, Ford and at least one other club, have made it perfectly clear that HRPC members are welcome to shoot at any of our shoots, be they SIHFT or otherwise, all they have to do is check with the hosting club beforehand whether there is availability. Check through my previous posts in this section if you wish. The team event in the SIHFT is open to the 5 hosting clubs, plus others by democratic agreement of the hosting clubs and this decision is taken on the basis of what we think is best for the sport as a whole.

I for one would welcome resolution of this issue and will continue to promote an inclusive approach, but it is not up to me or anyone outside the two clubs to comment any further.

Can we leave it there please.
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 05-10-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: clarified it a bit
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

I second it...

Hi all,I totally agree with Richard,I have read these posts myself today and was wondering the same,but like Richard quite rightly says,it was not for me to comment,until now.I think what started as thanks to Dave has been hijacked,and think it best,as the thanks have been said now,that it might be in everyone's interest for a Mod to close this thread to any more comments please.
    AA S400 K ( Modified MPR stock and Rowan Engineering furnishings ) with a Hawke 4-12x40 EV Panorama 1/2 MilDot Scope - BUXTED HFT TEAM -

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    It is quite simple.

SiHFT is a CLOSED CLUB COMPETITION end of.

If you are NOT A MEMBER of one of the six recognised clubs you have no autommatic right to attend an event other by than agreement of the hosting club on the day.

If you do attend and ARE ALLOWED to shoot as a person who is not a recognised member of ONE OF THE RECOGNISED CLUBS your score will be deemed null and void having no impact on the days percentages or badges etc.

You are only in the competition if a member of one of the five main clubs or a club that shoots by agreement.

All old SiHFT shooters who have split are fully aware of this unless I speak Martian when I have explained it face to face.

It is as simple as that.

Old differences on this appear for the most part unrresolveable. Thats a shame but to keep going over and over a name is quite frankly tedious.

Anyone is welcome at Buxted unless I say otherwise.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Request to lock

Hi,

What started out a thank you turned into a bit of war zone, shame it didn't have a happy ending

I am going to ask for this thread to be locked, and it's not in anyway to offend anyone!

Rob