Travelling over some of my shooting grounds at 2000 ft in the brother in laws microlight last weekend allowed me a birds eye view of the individual shooting points I use on a regular basis .
Following my request to drop to a lower height , I noticed that the low swoops of the aircraft appeared not to have any affect upon the feeding rabbits down below .
Anyway , an early dart from work and a late evening flight, suitably armed with the Rapid , allowed me to harvest several rabbits before the large shadow of a low flying microlight eventually alarmed the remaining conies back to the sanctuary of their warrens .
Next time I intend to wear my Dads old motorcycling goggles , as the visor equipped helmet did not allow me a great deal of time to gain a clear sight picture . I also noticed that the act of craning my neck out of the aircraft caused considerable disscomfort , and I now intend to wear a suitable scarf above my leather flying jacket .
Following the act of stenciling the rabbit outline kills on the microlight , I am strongly considering the use of a suitably fitted mounting rail that will allow a full traverse of the ground below . If this proves to be more effective , I will let you know .
Max .