Thread: Best scope how much?

Best scope how much?

Hi all senior airgunners(again) , I have been told from the beginning that never try to save money on scope, how much would you spend on a scope?
    Many thanks in looking
    HW97K Lazaglide, HW80 Lazaglide(ex), Sidewinder(ex), FX2000(ex), Fenman(ex), Evolution(ex), HW45(ex), Hurricane(ex), SLR98(?), Wiscombe(?).
    SureFire G2+P91, SureFire G2+P60, SureFire E2, SureFire 6P+3W BOG, SureFire 6P+A19+P90, Mag 3D+3W+LOP, Mag 2C+1W+MOP, SL Strion, QIII, Surefire L1

Dennis Guest
    The kind of scope you buy depends on what you prefer, what you need it for and how much you can spend.

I like high magnification, but a friend of mine prefers 100 yards shots at 4x magnification (no jest).
    For Field Target you would want tremendous magnification for rangefinding (50x), for medium range rabbit smacking perhaps only 6x, for dawn and dusk hunting perhaps a fixed power with a big objective for light gathering.
    Some people save their money for a year and are very happy with a BSA scope, others are more wealthy (or addicted ) and want nothing less than a Leupold with gold filigree decoration.

Sorry for answering your question with a question, but without more input it is very hard to make any recommendation.

Again this is an area where you get what you pay for in terms of quality. I would always say buy the best you can afford.

Also it is worth looking at the for sale pages on this BBS as you might find a scope that is of much higher quality at a respectable price.

Dale

jag Guest

Thumbs up

Morning Pipesmoker , it is possible to save money and yet still get a brilliant scope!!!!! try any second hand Leupold ,and if it is for hunting try any Vari-X III ,second hand around £350.00 brilliant hope it helps in your choice

Yep... I agree that the glass on top is more important than the metal underneath, especially if you want to shoot targets. Most modern sporting PCP's will out shoot me, and you could easily spend twice as much on the scope as the rifle. Take a serious look at importing from the USA, it's not difficult, and you can save a lot.
    HTH
    Gus.
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.