Thread: CP88 problems

CP88 problems

Hi, I have a problem with my CP88 pistol, sometimes the trigger won't pull, it's not every time just now and again. If I take out the magazine and reload it this sometimes works but not always. Any ideas, thanks. p.s it's not new but seconhand.

Try simple stuff first.
    Check magazine not damaged.
    Use flathead pellets properly seated ie not poking out front or back of mag.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    That is exactly what happens if the mag advance pawl has just enough wear to allow it to occasionally half-index the mag, the locking arm jams the trigger.
    Put a new mag advance pawl in it and 10 to 1 it will run smoothly again,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

CP88 problem

Hi, thanks for the help. Do you know where I can get the spares for the CP88 Nick. Thanks, Martyn.

CP88 problem

Hi, thanks for the help, any idea where I can obtain the spares for the CP88 (magazine pawl etc). Martyn.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Here -

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...t=Walther+CP88

Just follow the online purchase proceedure - Chambers are brilliant and get most stuff out to you really quickly, I've occasionally ordered in the early afternoon and had delivery next day!
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

CP88 problem

Thanks again Nick, I've looked at the site and found the Pawl, one last question is replacing it relatively easy for a simple DIYer only looking at the exploded view on Chambers site isn't filling me full of confidence. Martyn.

I had a similar type of symptom with my CP88comp a few months ago. In my case, a spring had come adrift.
    Under the r/h grip there is a small "hairgrip" type spring that locates into a fine groove at the bottom of the trigger bar. The spring had somehow slipped out of this groove and had gone up against the underside of the trigger bar. Not saying this is the same problem in your case, but it only takes a few moments to remove the grip and check the spring is still located into this tiny groove.