Thread: Re: Batteries in Airrifles - Deep Discharge Thread.

Unimexsol Guest

Re: Batteries in Airrifles - Deep Discharge Thread.

Erm, could someone explain this to me please? As I've been away from air gun shooting for a while I feel a bit lost on this topic.

Do some airguns now need batteries to work? If so what do they do, how do they work, what are the advantages/disadvantages etc.

Please forgive my ignorance but I've not been on the air gun scene for 15 years!

Thanks

Darren Petts Guest
    Read this

Unimexsol Guest
    Thank you that explains it nicely.

I had visions of an electronic device that wound the mainspring back and such like.

In short it's just an electronic trigger then as far as I can make out.

Darren Petts Guest
    Instead of a spring pushing a weight to hit and open the valve, the trigger fires a solenoid to do the job. The result is a considerably improved lock time and no valve bounce wasting air.

Gary C Guest
    and a superb and consistent trigger.
    Lack of wasted air makes it very quiet with a decent silencer as well

I noticed that a lot of repeater pistols ( C02 pistols ) have horrible trigger pulls - some worse than others - & in the days before the GOVT decided that Brococks are as dangerous as AK 47 ,s - air cartridge revolvers had similar nasty triggers in double action .
    I have a Russian CO2 pistol / carbine which has an electronic trigger powered by 4 aa batteries .
    The difference is incredible - very very fast / & very very light trigger pulls which can only aid accuracy - not to mention increase the rate of fire to 3-4 rds per second .
    I am convinced it is the future - especially for rapid fire guns . Not sure about the Daystate - bit pricey for me .

CARL.
    " This , is MY safety "