Thread: Stcocks from US

Stcocks from US

Have any of you gentlemen bought direct from Boyd stocks in the US and was it a happy experience please, I am thinking of buying a laminate stock for my Remington and have been in touch with them via email, just a train of thought at the minute but something worth exploring whilst it is still just an idea
    Many thanks in advance for any replies
    Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

St cocks....

Is that like St. Trinians?

I know... I couldn't help it!

I think boyds have a good reputation for being reliable and fast, unlike Richards microfit.
    Its just a shame they don't make as many styles...
    Life is short, remember - Carpae Dentum ...

Have bought 6 blank laminate blank stocks 2 years ago from them...very fast, no problemo.

Had to to pay VAT + Excise duty when received in UK; Royal Mail drops you a card in letter box, so you go online & pay HM the surcharge.

With Boyds, I think you can still buy 2 blank laminate stocks at a time (if thats your plan); so If you want 4 blanks, you effectively have to put in 2 orders, 3 orders (upto a max of 2 blanks) etc...

Uninlet stocks...dunno....you notice most are pre shapped or finished for different makes of powder burner actions.

When Boyds STOPPED selling different thickness blanks, and started offering them in already pre-cut shapes, I decided I could no longer do business with them, as they "standardised" the blank laminates which would no longer be suitable for FT style stocks...so I looked for an alternative.

Happy to say, I found these guys, who sell "Laminate Panels" - which would you give you , say at least 2 or 3 stocks depending on thickness & specs you order...(roughly USD$1250.00 a panel)...BONUS ? any colour combo can be made to your spec.

Curtis responds quickly to any email query:

Cousineau Wood Products
    3 Valley Road - PO Box 58
    North Anson ME 04958
    USA

Corporate Offices: +1 207-635-4445
    Corporate Fax: +1 207-635-4440
    Sales Office: +1 603-748-3232

eMail: contact.us@cousineauwoodproducts.com
    Web: http://www.cousineauwoodproducts.com
    Web: http://www.cousineaus.com

I bought a stock from them earlier this year and the only problem I had was with ParcelForce. They repeatedly told me that it hadn't been released from customs and customs were telling me that it had been released. It took a couple of weeks and quite a few phone calls to sort out.

But to be honest, I wouldn't let it put me off ordering another one in the future.

Cheers,

Mark.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Bought a Ruger stock from them with no problems and fast delivery,at least until it reached the UK!!
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Yes don't forget to add 20% VAT + 2.7% Excise duty

It arrived all safe and sound from USA after 19 days travelling, 4 of which it was crossing the States and the Atlantic and the rest to cross England and get out of customs
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil