Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms Alfa Proj

The AA is a good buy in co2.
    In pcp its way too expensive.
    Also, its air reservoir is way too small.
    Grip is too thin.
    Its VERY light upfront, as its all alu. And the air RIFLE barrelweight that comes with it, doesnt make it balance any better (now too heavy).
    Also quite cranked up speed wise, not that much shots (I had a co2).
    VERY tiny bolt to cock.

Imo, the Tau 7 is a far better buy; adj grip, thicker grip, better trigger. More shots.

Allthough the AA dóes have advantages above the Tau as well: its alu, so no rust, iirc, the front sight exchangeable easier.
    ATB,
    yana

air arms alfa proj

mine is a precharged and it is great, the grip is what it is, it has been designed to be ambidextrous, and is ugly but i only shoot bench rested so no problem for me, i just cut out some hard foam and made the grip better for me, great accuracy even out to 30 yards and and the power is awesome when you adjust the screw inside the sleeve, mine is not fully adjusted and it still holes cans at 30 yard so you get the best of both worlds,in fact i was so impressed with it i sold my AAev2,imo they are worth the money, must be good very rare they come up second hand on the adds.

The Alfa in CO2 is not bad, but the trigger is difficult to adjust correctly and feels rough/agricultural. The Tau 7 is far better, the trigger having a fair degree of sophistication

The Alfa is grossly overpriced in the UK. If you buy from the factory, the price is better, but the Tau is still preferable.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

I think the trigger on an Alfa Proj is a good trigger not quite up to my Hammerli AP40's trigger but you would have to be a shooter who is good enough to tell the difference between the trigger on a Steyr and a Sam blindfolded before you would be unhappy with it. I have adjusted the trigger on my alfa to have a good clean break with no noticeable creep and at the Alfa's price range it is very acceptable. If you want a superb trigger like you get on a premium match pistol then you will have to spend £1000 to £1500 pounds to get it, that is what you are paying for when you buy a match pistol. A second hand Steyr might be £600 if you can find one but the Alfa is only £400 new. The Bikal Makarov MP-654 pistol has an agricultural trigger. It feels like a 15lb pull to me, the Alfa has a good trigger which is not quite as good as the best you can get.
    The grip on the Alfa is not the best but you expect to have to modify the grip on a target pistol and there is no reason it can't be made to be a great grip
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at