Thread: CDT Technology makes a single stroke pnuematic a reality?

CDT Technology makes a single stroke pnuematic a reality?

So - David et.al.

I have been thinking - as is my wont - and with the improvements you are getting with air efficiency with CDT in PCP configurations one would logically assume that a single stroke 11.5 ftlbs pneumatic should be a very achievable reality.

What say you?
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

I'd like to see an expansion on the old Bowkett design (IIRC) where a few pumps could give a couple of consecutive shots.

Would be the ultimate in self contained hunters, and also have the facility to use a magazine for loading

Say five pumps for three shots? option to top up after any of the shots taken - I'd buy one

Dan

Landswehr Guest
    Now that's a very tempting configuration - I'd be in ..... provided the thing was less then £500 of course.

sniper22 Guest
    im sorry to keep going on about my genesis but im happy with the trigger on that.
    its shot to shot consistancy is amazing and it will hold its own against anything ive got in my cabinet at the moment.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Pump ups are already very efficient in terms of the use of the compressed air (no valve bounce, etc.) - more than PCPs - so I'm not sure CDT would help.

It's the pump mechanism that's inneficient on them - but Steve's MSP "recharging" concept with a "quigley-esque" floating piston is an really cool development...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

As already stated, it is the actual pumping process which is inefficient. CDT would make a difference as it releases air with a steeper pressure profile increasing efficiency, but would it make a real difference at lower pressures?

David

DJP Guest
    Out of interest, why did the Parker Hale Dragon not take off? I know it was a little Heath-Robinson as it stood but I'd have thought that a bit more development would've turned it into a very neat device indeed. I know I'm being naive, but I can't see what the problem is with this concept, after all pistols like the HW40 manage about 3fpe with a piddly little cylinder and a 9" cocking lever - that being so, surely it shouldn't be too difficult to get 12fpe out of a rifle using similar technology?

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie
    I'd like to see an expansion on the old Bowkett design (IIRC) where a few pumps could give a couple of consecutive shots.

Would be the ultimate in self contained hunters, and also have the facility to use a magazine for loading

Say five pumps for three shots? option to top up after any of the shots taken - I'd buy one

Dan
    maybe john could reopen the mohawk project and give us all what we want - a single stroke pneumatic @ less than £500?

love the avatar dan