Thread: Anyone know anything about the MORINI CM 162 EI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone know anything about the MORINI CM 162 EI

Hi chaps

I am considering purchasing the above second hand, but my knowledge of match grade pistols is tiny/ non-existent. So if anyone here can help me out with info (is it a decent pistol?, what is a reasonable used price? etc.) I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
    Ash

It's one of the best pistols you can buy. Good price is sub650. Expensive is above 750. Obviously depending on age and condition....

I have a 162E - it is a very good pistol indeed and the prices quoted here could be a bit on the low side if you can find one of the new version types as a "minter" with all the original tools, two cylinders and original test card and handbook.

Beware of the earlier type with the older version electronic trigger - they usually (but not always) come with just one cylinder and in a box that only has space for one air cylinder - as the older electronic trigger is not that good or reliable.

The newer types run on two AAA batteries - if the pistol you are looking at takes different batteries I suggest you look again until you find one with the newer trigger mech. The newer type pistols usually come in the newer type case - the same as used by Steyr on their pistols but with a nicer (red coloured) interior that is fitted to take the Morini pistol and two air cylinders - one red and one blue.

The newer trigger can be retro-fitted but it is expensive and it is usually cheaper to find the right type in the first place.

A minter recently changed hands locally for £1000 - but it is like new and shows little if any signs of any use - it is truely "as new" and a "genuine" minter.

You can see this pistol on www.bobsairguns.com click PCP pistols click Morini 162E to see detailed pictures of the new type 162E.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks for the above, which is super useful. The seller says that the pistol takes aaa batteries. He also said there are date stamps of 05.07 on the cylinders, which apparently a previous enquirer said rendered them out of date for competition shooting?

Below are a couple of images of the pistol for sale. Any opinion would again be hugely appreciated!

Last edited by Ash168; 18-09-2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: add image of potential purchase

Morini

The seller says that the pistol takes aaa batteries. He also said there are date stamps of 05.07 on the cylinders, which apparently a previous enquirer said rendered them out of date for competition shooting?
    No, the cylinders were made in May 2007. Morini say they expire after 20 years. Other manufacturers give them a 10 year life span. In any case they are not checked at competitions.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    No, the cylinders were made in May 2007. Morini say they expire after 20 years. Other manufacturers give them a 10 year life span. In any case they are not checked at competitions.
    That is very useful to learn -thanks. I'd assume that there's a good chance that the age of the pistol is therefore similar to the age of the cylinders?