I thaught I would try and entice some more locals to come and shoot with like minded shooters, after all all you can do is learn and enjoy good compamny.

Tondu AR &FTC has always been a smallish club, which given the catchment area is somewhat surprising.
I think the facilities have perhaps had a part in that and as such, over the last year or so I have pushed hard to try and improve things, so this is an up to date situation of things.

Firstly, we are not just a Field target club. Never have been.
We have always been an Air Rifle and field target Club.
As such, we have a practice /zero / plinking range that will suit all needs, various targets and boards from 8 - 55 yards at known ranges. you can srt up / check xero, then shoot a course or just plink on the range all day
We have some members who are not so mobile, they set up fold out chairs and tables to shoot from.
No need to worry about getting up and down from the ground.

We currently have a 30 shot practice Ft course out. This is set on the windy banks and the not so windy lower ponds, so it gives you a good all round practice course

In the coming weeks as the leaves fall and things become a bit more open, I am looking to set up a small HFT style course in the wood, probably around 15 targets

So, shooting wise there should be all you want.

After many years of trying for one, we now are under way in the construction of an all weather shooting shelter.
So know there is no excuse not to go shooting when its raining. It is hoped to then add flood lights to the new shelter / zero range and thus we can still meet in the winter when its dark and shoot.

Ok we dont have the greatest "clubhouse" but you can make tea /coffe etc in there and have warm and a chat in the winter months.
Planes are under way to further divide and improve the "clubhouse" (dont mention its a container) so that a better level of comfort and warmth is there for the coming winter months.

The fire road has always been a bit iffy. We did however spend alot of money having it graded last year and we now have members coming down in low profile cars. All you have to do is drive slowly. More maintenace is planned soon to take out the odd bump in the road, but its perfectly usable for cars.

Currently we meet Saturdays from about 9.30 - 12.30, can be later depending on the day

Wednesday is a new "club day" and again its depending on certain things, but generally from 2 - 7 at presnt, when it gets dark.

So, be great to see some new faces come down and join.
Membership is just £33.50 a year!!
Bugger all for a stunning and peacefull setting to enjoy safe air gun shooting with some of the countrys top shots and some of the countries nicest members.

no range fees.

We also do bulk pellet buying for members and probably can help you sort some new kit if you want to upgrade etc.

If you want to pop down let me know.

hope to see some new or even past visiters make a return soon.

simon