Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tondu Air rifle Club - Bridgend / Neath / Swansea

Had a busy few weeks since the shoot so things have been a bit slow to get bac to normal.

Did however manage to put out the "Yardage" plinking / Zero range today so now both plnking ranges are back out with the Ft practise course.

Easy FT coursde next, did a lane today or more to the point Marting the shunter did so will look at getting another lane or two done saturday.

Another new member complete with Hw95 was shown the set up ropes today, aiming points dialed in from 8 - 55 yards and i must say i was impressed with his shooting, must have been the name!!

short session saturday morning, might try and get there early, 8 ish as there is a match i am booked in to spectate at in the pm!
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

Someone said the Summer has stated?

Not convinced as yet, but as its now lighter until about 7pom we are meeting a bit later on wednesday,

Shall be at tondu from about 12/1 ish until late, 7 ish today.
    Oaktree FTC

Windy old day yesterday but good practise on the banks

Got a few more "Easy Ft " targets out with the final 7 to go out next week. There will then be 20 "easy Ft" targets out, mainly big old 45ml kills but the odd reducer thrown in. Ranges not too far, dont think we have anythign past 45 yards so nice practise for Hft ranging too.

Got a few more practise targets to go out over the bottom ponds then we will have the two zero ranges, easy Ft and Ft practise courses out.

All the shooting you could want in a day!
    Oaktree FTC

Wednesday 1st May 2013

Good day wednesday, about half a dozen of us enjoying the start of summer?

Priest was first out of the box for todays practise session

Decided i need to keep score and track of things to see if it highlights any pattern to misses
    (now if that aint a big fat worn to pufferfish lol )

Anyway, drew up a little score card and decided i would check scope results on wheel, as I roughly know the ranges to ech target on the practise range
    Wind varied from first dot no 27 / 4 dots fill kill no 1, so sometyhing like 2 inch out of kill to inside edge, good variation between the windier top lanes and sometimes quieter lower lanes

Priest + no 27 Luep REV + no 1 Luep
    No2 stock + Die 50 No 1 Stock + die 36

T1 40m X X 37m X 0
    T2 47m X X 48m X X
    ==================================================
    T3 43.5m X X 42m X X
    T4 47m X X 48m X X
    T5 44m X 0 45m X X
    T6 KN32m X X Kn32m X X
    T7 ST 25m X X St 25m 0 0 ( coat undone!)
    T8 35m 0 X 37m X X
    T9 31m X X 32m X 0 (Gust of Wind!)
    ================================================== ==========================
    T10 40m X X 37m X X
    T11 45m X X 44m X X
    T12 40m 0 0 42m X X
    T13 45m X X 45m 0 X (Gave wind, went straight)
    T14 47m X X 48m X X
    T15 44m X 0 44m X X
    T16 St27m X X26m X X (Coat done up!)
    ================================================== =========================
    T17 Kn 37m X 0
    T18 Kn 32m X X

T19 45m X X
    T20 St22m X X
    T21!! Kn35m X X

Ran out of time with no 1 Son school run coming up so quit while ahead as they say.

Sun was out and a heat haze was problemsome at times in first session with Priest + no 27. saying that No 1 seemed to cut through the haze better and range find almost spot on.
    todays range finding scores say no 1 scope = no 1 scope for range finding.

Be interesting to re -do on an overcast day

Got some work to do on the range. Firstly, there was only supposed to be 20 targets
    Will remove T7 stander as its exposed to wind so the shooter gets blown.

T 9 needs to come in to 37-39m, otherwise we have too many in the 40-50 m range and not enough in the 30-39m range. T7 will still be a good target for wind

T12 needs to drop to 30-39m

T15 stander, need to push that out to 35+ m

T 17 needs to change from 32m KN - 32m St.

T19 needs to move from 22m St - 25 -29m St.

After that its clear the lanes for the other 10 targetrs out over the lower ponds so you can shoot either a:

30 shot course, 1 shot per target (20 in wind + 10 in "less" wind)
    or 40 (resetter targets) + 10,
    20 (single shot) + 20 (re-setter if its very windy)

3 in a row will take some time but is good practise, you have to hit each target 3 times without missing and count the number of shots
    or clerar the course, count the number of shots to hit every target once

Think I am likley to favour the 30 shot myself if comparing guns and then 3 in a row when i decide what I "Want to use?"

Current thinking is Rev+ no 1 Leup back in no 2 Stock

Still need to get last 7 Easy ft targets out to make a 20 shot "String" course, which is usefull for practising Shorter kneeling and standing

Maybe some course clearing saturday now with some help form members?

Be great to see some new faces come and experience the great shooting courses & facilities that have been built uo over the last year or so
    Oaktree FTC

Top day out at our Sister club Oaktree on sunday.

Will finish putting out the other 3 targets Wednesday so the 20 shot easy Ft course is out in Full.

All welcome
    Oaktree FTC

Sunday 2nd June is next Comp date

Walked the proposed 40 shot Ft course yesterday to get some ide of the work envolved in clearing lanes. Lots to do!

Zero range will be next to couse start, so once zero checked its straight onto lane 1
    Top ponds will be course start, wet feet for someone as we have a number of small tress rooted in the ponds that need to be cut back. Easy lane 1 so all (me) get a good start and then 4 very long, hard and usually wind effected lanes, will try and switch the angles from lane to lane.

Along the Top banks then but shorter ranges than we have used before, uphill shots need some practise for the Ft worlds in GHermany come August so will try and get a few steep / high shots in for practise? Line will be a bit further foward than usuall

Course will then follow a route we used about 2 years ago (lots of clearing to do) then going down the bank and into the bowl, using steeper shots placed high up on the Bowl (Current zero area). Not long ranges, but a fair selection of mini kills as long as the wind is not as it was for yesterdays practise session
    Finish off back up by the edge of our Woods
    Standers wont be long but there will be 4, same for kneelers. Mini kills dependant on wind come the day.
    Main ft is £6 entry, prize money dependant on entries
    Top score on the day recieves the John Thomas Memorial Trophy and this year an additional £20 ontop of the Class prize money.

Woods will be used for easy ft.
    This a course ideal for those with lower spec guns & scopes and thaose that have never shot a course before.
    The intial Easy ft course I put out in the winter turned out to not be as easy as I thaught. We have been trying different things out on club days and I think we have the balance better for this shoot.
    20 targets, mostly bigger 45 ml kills, about 4 reduces but all short range!
    think there is only 1 45ml kill over 40 yards? Hopefllly most will hot 75% or more.
    £3 entry, cash prizes dependant on entries but at least £10 to the winner.
    Might introduce a handicap system so any A, AA shooters dont wn, B class even "Gadget" lol
    Easy ft is for those that dont normally shoot fT!
    Come and have a go, its "EASY"

Extreme Side shoot.
    Using the Easy Ft course, 3 points for standing, 2 for kneeling and 1 for sitting.
    £2 entry, £20 first place prize money.

If time and helping hands allow, will also put on another side shoot, probably 10 / 15 or 20 shot side shoot?

If enough interest even a pistol shoot?

more to follow but it should be another Good days shooting at Tondu AR & FTC
    Oaktree FTC

Club will be open wednersday 10 - 9 pm, saturday 10 -1 pm and ank Holiday monday 10 - 4 pm

All welcome
    Oaktree FTC

Sunday June 2nd

Main and east ft course are out and looking good.

Easy Ft is "Easier" this time!
    Av range is 25 yards so not too far and only 5 reducers.
    £3 entry, cash prizes dependant on entries but at least £10 to the winner.

As the extreme Side shoot I think the easy ft course could be cleared standing?? couple of testinjg shots but that harris lad aint bad on his feet
    Using the Easy Ft course, 3 points for standing, 2 for kneeling and 1 for sitting.
    £2 entry, £20 first place prize money.

Main course is looking good, harder than we normally put out but practise is needed for the worlds?.

Top ponds have 10 targets with a couple of Virgin targets, some angled and plenty to make you think about each shot. T1 is a gimmie though to get enveryone (me) off to a good start?
    If sundays wind is up then 8 ex 10 off the ponds will be good.

Banks have a couple of tricky shots and a couple of long ones, 14 targets oif which 5 or 6 can easily turn to a miss

Bowl area is short range but lots of mini kills and steep shots, practise for germany ???
    15 ml will test, as will a couple of the steeper reducers?

3 Standers are fairly short, but tricky with the angle? 1 fair length stander
    Same for Kneelers, 2 short, 1 average 1 long one to finish the course?
    Should be a testing couse, sundays wind is forcast 10 mph. My guess is top will be 34 with not many in the 30+?

Hope to see you there??

9 am start
    Oaktree FTC

Club Chrono will be avaialble for anyone that wants to pop along and check their rifle

Zero range is free to use too!
    Oaktree FTC

Themob

Quote Originally Posted by piemanlarger View Post
    Club will be open wednersday 10 - 9 pm, saturday 10 -1 pm and ank Holiday monday 10 - 4 pm

All welcome
    New member was wondering what time your open 12/06/13 and directions/postcode
    Cheers
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl34 View Post
    New member was wondering what time your open 12/06/13 and directions/postcode
    Cheers
    Karl
    Cf32 0ha

shall be there wednesday 10 = 2.30pm.

may return for evening 4 - 9 pm?
    decide that tomorrow?
    Oaktree FTC

Full day wednesday

shall be at tondu all day Wednesday, least from about 10.30am - 9 pm

Bit of shooting

Bit of barrel testing

Will start to repaire the road on the Corner where the rain has cut a rut, make it a bit easier for cars.

All welcome.
    Oaktree FTC

Bit of scope setting up!
    AA HFT500, HW75, BSA R10SE, Walther LGU .177, Air Arms EV2 MK4 - Falcon T35 Scope HW97K .177 - Titan Ddraig Goch Kit Fitted by Welsh Willy
    https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by welshweeks View Post
    Bit of scope setting up!
    i just sold that on for 225 lol
    Oaktree FTC

Sweet, a nice quick profit for me!!!
    AA HFT500, HW75, BSA R10SE, Walther LGU .177, Air Arms EV2 MK4 - Falcon T35 Scope HW97K .177 - Titan Ddraig Goch Kit Fitted by Welsh Willy
    https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/