Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tondu Air rifle Club - Bridgend / Neath / Swansea

Tuesday and thursday this week, 10 -6.30 / dusk both days.

All welcome
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

Thinking of taking a half day on Thursday to come up as I need to get some practice in! Will see how the weather is and if all good possibly be there by around 12.30.
    AA HFT500, HW75, BSA R10SE, Walther LGU .177, Air Arms EV2 MK4 - Falcon T35 Scope HW97K .177 - Titan Ddraig Goch Kit Fitted by Welsh Willy
    https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/

Good Call. Not a bad turnout yesterday and i think the same is planned for thursday.

Good day yesterday, Almond fingers, caramel digestive and Orange Club busuits. We almost went through 2 pints of milk!

Oh yes, so shooting broke out too lol

Started by doing Easy Ft standing and kneeling, missed one 30m reduced kneeler as i wobbled, foot not forward! Missed the 20m 15ml kneeler, pulled it left, but in the shoot off with arms dealer hit it 2nd shot standing to win back my stock lol

Want to do a bit of work Thursday on easy Ft. Move the firing line forward so all shots can be taken prone, take the 15 ml out of the "easy ft" section and put them in the last "pond" lane but replace with other targets so Easy Ft is still 20 shots.

I pumped the GP course, well nearly, 18 ex 20 and then decided to do new range markings on no 1 scope as i knew under 30m was out slightly. That did not take long to do so we went round Gp again and i put in 17, fickle ? Edge wind.
    Arms Dealer did 13 and 14, Postman Pat 14, Acid hands 13. Just enough wind to catch you.

Planning on a couple of changes Thursday tot he course, make it tougher!
    Also need to remember a spanner as someone has taken the club one!

Thursday 10 - 5pm
    Oaktree FTC

After reading what you got planned for Thursday I think I'll stay in work!!! As for making the top course harder I personally can't hit many of those yet!!!! Think I'll have to set up a mini course in my postage stamp size back garden!

Shame, as I was planning on bringing some welshcakes over.
    AA HFT500, HW75, BSA R10SE, Walther LGU .177, Air Arms EV2 MK4 - Falcon T35 Scope HW97K .177 - Titan Ddraig Goch Kit Fitted by Welsh Willy
    https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/

I`m Knackered

Hard day at the Club, all work no play. I was too knackered to get the gun out come 1pm and i still had some stuff to do on the easy ft, still have as it happens.

Lane one on the Gp course has an easy 30m/33 yard full kill, that needs changing and i was progressing well till i snapped the saw blade!
    So, Acid Hands chaionsaw is being highjacked saturday morning to finish putting in a new T1 lane cut through the trees and angles back towards T5, hopefully in the 40 -45m range.
    That should make the gp course a much harder start.
    I have also swapped the reducer and kneeler lane over as I dont see the point in practising on target ranges you wont shoot, so although a 25ml kill at 37m was hittable, its now down to Main shoot rules settings.

The kneelers however are now inclined which makes them tougher!
    Also made the third kneeler a stander, and pushed it out to about 37m!
    Shall look forward to seeing how tough I have made it once all is done, hopefully on saturday.

The Easy Ft course however needed to be made, EASY!
    So i have removed all 15ml kills from it and we now or at least after saturday will have 20 targets, a mix of 15 full kills and about 5 reducers to 25ml. None past 45 yards!

I have made a "shoot off" lane on the "pond" lane of three x 15 ml targets out to 25 yards, so after the 20 easy shots the 15's are there if your feeling brave lol!
    Oaktree FTC

10 - dusk friday. all welcome, especially if you bring Cake!
    Oaktree FTC

Tuesday 10 - 6

and thursday 10 - 6 this week.
    Oaktree FTC

Got a small track machine coming down tomorrow to grade the road, so should be better for the cars and their low profile wheels from tomorrow onwards.

Simon
    Oaktree FTC

We have always suffered with a poor (so the car owners tell me ) access road to tondu FTC, but I have to say the work done yesterday and today by Billy the Machine driver is superb, I have never seen our accesss road looking so flat. I think any car will make it up and down to tondu with no problem now.
    We will have it re-graded again in March, incase we end up hosting the Bfta Inters weekend and if not, for the John Thomas memorial shoot?

Cheers

simon

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps0094b44b.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps92f28123.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...psea7d193f.jpg
    Oaktree FTC

looks good Simon, well done. may pay you a visit in the forseable future

Rain stopped play today, unusually even i did not fancy it!

Definatley on for thursday as a few have confirmed they will be there.

10 - 6 thursday
    Oaktree FTC

weather looks better for thursday.

10 -6 ish
    Oaktree FTC

Not looking brilliant with showers, but tuesday this week is open day, 10 - 5/6 when it goes dark. Bloody stupid clocks moving!
    Oaktree FTC

rain seems to be easing off for tomorrow.
    Oaktree FTC

Thursday 10 - 4 / dark

All welcome
    Oaktree FTC